Archery Talk Forum banner

Mostt value in a used/discontinued Mathews Bow

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a used bow, heard so many great things about Mathews (I've only shot a Z7 = $$$), like to own one. I've posted before asking for advice on older Mathews bows, and I'm keeping in touch with some fine people looking to sell their bows (Thank you), but still debating which to go with. Like many, I'm on a budget, so when I spend money, it's got to count. That said, I'm a big fan of skill over technology and speed, so I'm hoping that Mathews owners can vote/recommend a particular bow that still compares favorably in the competitive compound bow market. Not trying to start a debate, just looking for advice from those who know more/better than I. I've narrowed it down to 6 choices Thanks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it easy on the spelling errors... I'm multi-tasking. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I know a lot of guys that still have their switchback for a backup bow!

·
Registered
478 Posts
SBXT hands down. I still have mine and will never part with it. Very smooth draw cycle, no hand torque felt and a great shooting bow.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Switchback/S2

·
preparation>opportunity
3,074 Posts
I have never shot a switchback xt, so i cannot comment on it but I have shot a switchback and a SQ-32 and both were very nice

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
For me, this was always a good example of "different strokes for different folks." I have read that MANY people love the Sitchback XT, but a guy I know totally quit Mathews, for Hoyt, because he was so dissapointed in the XT that he bought. He hated it. However, he came back to Mathews because he loved the Reezen! Go figure............

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Q2XL is the best bow I think they ever made....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I still shoot the swithcback xt and I love my bow. I could gather up some money and get a new z7 extreme, but why when my bow shoots so great!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I still shoot the swithcback xt and I love my bow. I could gather up some money and get a new z7 extreme, but why when my bow shoots so great!
Go figure. That's exactly what I did. I gathered up some money ,sold my XT and bought a Z7. The Z7 is a great bow but I kinda miss my XT :(

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is the S2 another version of the Switchback?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
The SB XT is the best bow out. I like it more than the Z7 because it is smooth, quiet very forgiving and an extremly reliable hunting rig. Mine has been great to me since I bought it in 2006. I also like the the S2 and the SB LD. I have the LD at this time and it is actualy smoother than the XT upon draw. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I wouldnt trade my SB XT for the world.It is very forgiving with its 8" brace height.And is definately the smoothest bow I have ever drawn back.When I get a new one I will still keep the XT.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts