Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because on the general discussion forum this question might lead to opposite way soon.
I am looking for a new stabs, something lightweight and about 30" long, smallest OD might work better in side wind. I have 2 quadraflex-es for many years the same, not bad but wondering must be there something new and better? In my neighborhood not many places to go and try.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
Carbon Blade is the bar that is being designed and marketed for shooters where wind is a concern.

I'm shooting an Easton X10 right now. It is ~.6875 diameter and gets the job done but has too much flex to it if you want to run a lot of weight (more than 3 oz?)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've talked to a lot of people about the carbon blades

carbon blades are only good for shooting alone

when you're alone, you face the full brunt of the wind and so the blades help. But when you're on a shooting line, the wind is stopped by the person next to you, and so one. There's no point. It might help on a windy day with elimination rounds, but that's not where most of the shooting is.

I personally use the Doinker Avancee stabs. They're nice and light, and support the large amount of weight on the ends i have (5 oz on each side rod, 3 oz on the long rod)

The cheapest and best value for your buck is probably the HMC or HMC+ by Win&Win. They're really light weight and the long rod is about 80 bucks and the side rods are 50 each.

B-Stingers are the highest quality ones because they're very stiff and absorb very very well. But they're much more expensive.

A lot of people are going more into the single rod rather than the multi rod stabs. Multi-rod stabs put a lot of the weight along the rod, where as with a single rod the weight is more towards the end and so you get more leverage with less weight.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
B-Stingers are the highest quality ones because they're very stiff and absorb very very well. But they're much more expensive.

Not sure if you are aware that Doinker also offers high end superstiff stabilizers - The Platinum series. From my experience, they perform just as good, or even better than B-stingers (but Platinums are visibly lesser OD).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not sure if you are aware that Doinker also offers high end superstiff stabilizers - The Platinum series. From my experience, they perform just as good, or even better than B-stingers (but Platinums are visibly lesser OD).
I'm familiar with them, but i pretty much only look at small diameter stabs. I know people who use fat stabs, and yeah they like the plats they have.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was up to SSMarie for Ontario Field Champ. and one of the guys had the F blades. I asked him to justify, he sad could not feel the difference, but it is definitely a looker.
I am looking for something stiff and long and put a weight on the end. how much weight? need to re-calculate from metric :)
just measured the two weights, 2 and 4 oz each.
Not sure for vibration, my Constitution riser way too lightweight but pretty quiet, I had to attach extra weight to the bottom to make it "feel something in my hands". The two Accurisers are very heavy risers but the limbs kicks a lot but very stable for holding on the ring. I guess I shall try some stiff stabi first.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
forgot to add here,
I was using many different v-bars before and ended up ordering from deadcenterarchery because I can adjust them more to my imagination. Seeing they have some stabs as well, what is the experience with those?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
As far as weight goes, it all depends on what you like and what you can handle. I played with the B-Stingers for a few weeks while my Doinker was in for warranty. It took me a lot of trial and error with adding and removing weights on the front and back before I was happy. I started with everything I had (10oz for front and 15oz for back) but it was too heavy for me. I took a bunch off (to like 3 front and 10 back ish), then realized I could use a little more, and finished with 5 front and 16 back. My recommendation is just to get a bunch so you have room to play with them to decide where you like it.

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,480 Posts
I have resisted getting Doinker Fattys or Platinums because of the diameter. still sticking with my new-style Easton X10 rods. I can't bring myself to think of the blades as anything other than a gimmick.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have resisted getting Doinker Fattys or Platinums because of the diameter. still sticking with my new-style Easton X10 rods. I can't bring myself to think of the blades as anything other than a gimmick.
are you a compound or a recurve shooter? i've seen recurves go with smaller diameters than compounders.

and as for the carbon blades, i've heard they work when it's storming outside haha

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive had great luck my Blades on my Compoud for 90m and my recurve as well.

They do help when you have any wind pushing you on the firing line ... if the wind is coming in to your face from the side slightly then the firing line does not affect the wind and youll wish you had a set. They were a bit springy with the rubber dampner mounts at the end but i pulled those off and just run more weight .... i feel it gives the bow a better transfer of weight. My wife shoots the X10 rods and loves those ... so i guess its just personal preference on trying them and seeing what you like ..

Just my thoughts .... Aim small

·
Registered
667 Posts
As far as stiffness of a stabilizer, I never found one stiffer than the Arc Systeme - Carbon Pro. It might not be the lightest but it is close. I have shot numerous types and brand of stabilizer over the years and always come back to this one.

TomG

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I got a full easton x10 stab side rods about 30 weights and doinker uni mount and Just play play play. I have it set up now. But it takes some time. what ever you get go cheaper and get more parts to the full systerm so you can experment more. Doinker and fuse blade I am shore there very very good. But My easton x10 systerm let me get everything with my my budget. Thats just my opinion. And I dont regret nothing the X10 systerm I am loving it. 'There are some other brands much cheaper again, That are great also. KAYA

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've shot all three of the current top stabilizers, plus others for fun or just starting out. I definitely agree with 30" as a starter stick or advanced stick, but right now I'm actually shooting a 27" front bar and 16" back bar, with 15 ounces on the front of 18 ounces on the back, and averaging around 291 when practicing indoors (I've mostly ended my outdoor season, focusing on Vegas and a strong indoor nationals standing).

Currently shooting an Alpha Elite, so it has great natural dampening, so I can safely give an opinion on stab' vibrations. I shot the FUSE Blade early on when I got my Alpha just to play with it. I wanted to see what it was all about, and for me, I felt some pretty weird vibes when the shot went off. It's like they wanted to make a stiff rod, but failed. In my opinion, FUSE has never been a high quality name, and the stick doesn't feel high quality either.

I've shot the Doinker Platinums since last October, and before then I shot their Avancee line, and before that I shot Beiter. Obviously the Platinums are the stiffest Doinker, and they're pretty solid too. They can easily support the weight with very minimal sag to the weights, and dampen the most of the three top companies.

Stingers I've played with the least. Shot 'em, appreciated their aiming abilities, but didn't care for them. Too much vibration, and once again in my opinion, if you need to add rubber after-market dampeners to dampen your stick, something seems a little wrong.

Honest opinions, take 'em or leave 'em.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Yeah my thoughts exactly regarding Platinum vs Stingers.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made my weights for quadra, 1.25" OD from graphite - bronze, a lot of them, smaller and heavier, and have a bunch of 6" and 12" side rods as well. These quadraflex stops all the vibration, on Accuriser I don't feel anything at all, but I just want to try something else. Eventually I might offer one quadra for trade? black or red 30" plus the weight length.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts