Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
UPS, and almost all bow shops keep some of the boxes that they get bows from. They will usually give you an empty box if you need one. Doesn't need to be the same brand of bow you're shipping, you just want to make sure that it is long and wide enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I work for UPS so, I have to say, UPS. I can't blame people for rate shopping though. When it comes down to price, use whoever is cheapest. I won't bash the other shippers, we all do basically the same job. USPS is a little slower, FEDX is good too. I think the only company to stay away from would be Airborne, but they are out of business now for the most part. I would suggest to buy the extra insurance for the amount to cover the bow, no matter which company you use.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
USPS works for me, just make sure you insure it and watch the size of the box. If you go over a certain size by even 1/2" the price will nearly double.

I used to pay $15 to $20 to ship a bow with insurance, that price is now closer to $25 and can be higher if the box is a little too big.

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,941 Posts
USPS works for me, just make sure you insure it and watch the size of the box. If you go over a certain size by even 1/2" the price will nearly double.

I used to pay $15 to $20 to ship a bow with insurance, that price is now closer to $25 and can be higher if the box is a little too big.
+1, best way to ship,imo,gets product there alot sooner!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I've used both UPS and USPS Priority seveal times. I've found USPS Priority mail to be the best value, most convenient and the fastest.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
I've used both UPS and USPS Priority seveal times. I've found USPS Priority mail to be the best value, most convenient and the fastest.
USPS Priority Mail has worked very well the few times I have shipped bows out.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
UPS or USPS. UPS is way cheaper, USPS is generally faster. I usually opt for UPS on bows, and send smaller items USPS priority.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If you're shipping out of the US to Canada; use USPS, that way the purchaser doesn't get dinged with outrageous brokerage fees by UPS or Fedex.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have a account with Fedex. So, therefore they get shipped through them. Even insured for 500-600 bucks its 13.00 for ground or 16-18 for two day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts