Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best nocks for a .246 Arrow(more specifically a Gold Tip Hunter)? I am looking something in a solid neon green. The ones that GT makes in green are a clear type of green and don't have much pop or visibility to them. I really like a solid neon green. Just wondering which nocks you guys are using.... thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I started a thread on this earlier and actually use the Bohning Double Lock nocks. They arent "tight" but arent "loose" either. A pretty nice fit actually and dont have to grease them up to get them in.

I spoke with Jerry at South Shore Archery today about it and he checked, and seemed to agree that they were pretty good. Give them a try in Flo Greens

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Best nocks without question are the Firenock nocks. Only nock I use even without the lights. Highest quality polycarbonate and single molded. Never had one break.

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Big fan of Easton Super Nocks in my Gold Tips. They are pretty much your "standard" nock, and they fit nice and snug in my arrows. I run Flo Yellow ones in mine which are solid, but I believe the green ones are solid as well.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yup, Easton Super Nocks. Been using them in my GT Exp. Hunters for year. Sometimes you'll come across one or two that just don't fit right, but the pros outweigh the cons IMO.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Just got 2 doz. Easton super nocks and all are very loose fit, have to use a plastic Baggie to get them tight enough. Looking for some thing better also.

·
Den Bow's Custom Arrows
4,718 Posts
Bohning double lock or signature are both good nocks.

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Never saw any reason to use anything else but Easton.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I like the signature and eastons. I use a little bit of Teflon tape instead of baggies. The tape is real easy to control and bury in the shaft and I actually like the fit better that way, they seem to spin smoothly but still snug. Didn't like the GT nocks.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Gold Tip .246 pin bushings with Gold Tip HD pin nocks. I shoot in a casual league where have to shoot 4-arrow groups, so the extra protection is useful.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Kung fu master/Wizard
2,730 Posts
Super nocks are pretty solid

1 - 20 of 33 Posts