Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Wasp is good & so are Grim Reapers. I would not hesitate to shoot anything in North America with either one of those 2.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Rocket Wolverines are a pretty reliable expandable.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
All of the above mentioned and I like Rocket Sidewinders. I killed 8 deer and 1 turkey with Sidewinders. 7 of the 8 deer were down and out in less than 60 yards, 2 within 20. They fly great and the little levers, to aid in opening, ensure they will open on impact. I can't really say how good the new Trophy Ridge ones are. I've been shooting Slicktricks the past 3 years but I did kill a turkey this fall with a old Rocket Sidewinder.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Wasp is good & so are Grim Reapers. I would not hesitate to shoot anything in North America with either one of those 2.

Ditto Wasp Jackhammers 1 3/4" cut are my favorite. Grim Reapers are up there as well. I have also had great sucess with Spitfires and Rockert Hammerheads although the Hammerheads are definately just a one shot head. I have shot several deer with the Rage two blades this year all have been passthroughs all have fell within 40 yds. Guys either love them or hate them but in my testing this year with them they have preformed flawless. I also thot a doe with the NAP bloodrunner this year and it worked great as well. If I had to pick one head and one head only with out a doubt it would be the Wasp Jackhammer.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Probably the Grim Reaper with the new style body on them, that's not just a long thin round piece of alum.

The steelhead is tougher, but possible deflection problems on quartering shots with the blades so close to the tip.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Definitely WASP Jak-Hammers with a 1 3/4" cut. My mom, my dad, and are all using them and love them. We have been very impressed wit hthe entry and exit hole they leave. We have killed 23 deer with them in the last four years and they have opened every time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There are alot of great bh's out there but i myself love the rage2"

·
Registered
740 Posts
I used to be a Rage fan but this year switched to spitfires and I like 'em ALOT!

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
Many a passthru with Spitfires, but not on a severe down angle shot so I stopped using them and went back to fixed.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wal Mart

I have used almost every mechanical out there and currently use the Trophy Ridge Untertaker.
One of the best over the top I have used is the silverhawk, or silvertip from Wal Mart. They are like $13 for 3. I have killed a lot of deer with them when I was in college and couldn't afford anything else. Penetration was always good and so was flight and blood trail.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Best

I vote for the Meatseeker, used the 2 blade and WOW what damaged it did. And they are comming out with a 3 blade 2" cut for next year.

·
Registered
14,370 Posts
Over the top have to go to grim reaper by far. Nothing else touches the reliability and durability. I don't like rear deploying heads just because if something happens and they do not open going in, they will not open due to the force on the sides of them I have tested and seen this done time and time again when me and a friend where developing a rear deploying head and gave up on it because it would perform as well as the other rear deploying head but we still did not have full faith in them due to our testing. We both now shoot grim reaper razortips.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts