Archery Talk Forum banner

Best mechanical broadhead period

Best overall mechanical BH period!

1750 24
Whats the best? I've done my own testing at my shop. Done some pretty brutal things. Even bought some ballisitic gelatin. I was surprised (kind of) as to what I discovered. What do you think? Lets hear it!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,539 Posts
shot alot of mechanicals, and by far Grim Reapers are he Shiznit!!!!!!

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man I left that one out! Rockets are nasty! Keep em coming!

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What were the results of your tests?
The Grim reapers penetrated better and took the most abuse! I hadn't ever paid much attention to them as I used NAP Spitfires for a while with success. Seriously the grim reapers scared me! I would not want to be hit with one! The Rages were ok, but were too fragile for my tastes. They are a "one and done" head for sure 3 out of 5 times! have heard good things about the rocket heads though I did not test them. My vote is for the Razortips, as was Bowhunter (I believe) mag's tester's choice.

· Registered
998 Posts
I'm not going to vote as I've only used the Spitfires and the Reapers of those you tested. I concur with you that the Reaper is very nice head, just wish they were cheaper!

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not going to vote as I've only used the Spitfires and the Reapers of those you tested. I concur with you that the Reaper is very nice head, just wish they were cheaper!
Hah, yea I wish either was cheaper. $34.99 for 3 either way here in NY

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Have not used them but the Steelhead is the industry standard. I believe the NAP Scorpion XP is head and shoulders above anything on the list. The Scorpion XP's are sharp, accurate, durable, open easily, have a modest cutting diameter for pass-thru everytime performance. What more could you want???

· Registered
2,395 Posts
With out a doubt steelhead 125's...all other heads just wish they were this tough..this is truly a catch up if you can industry standard..JMO

· Registered
79 Posts
On a recent Alberta hunt Six shots with NAP Spitfires, six kills. Rage broadheads did not do as well, although shot placement did effect the outcome. I have shot spitfires for years with no problems due to the broadhead itself. 1 vote for Spitfires.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Grim Reapers are tough and definately devestating.. I have used them for many years.. I am switching to the 1 3/4" cuts this year..:eek:

· Registered
988 Posts
Piston Points!!

Piston Point here fella's!! They were just bought out by Trophy Ridge.

Check out the video at TrophyRidge.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.