Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some packable rain gear and was looking for some suggestions. What are you using and why.

· Registered
5,904 Posts
Not going to keep you warm by no means but as far as packability and keeping you dry to boot, you cannot beat the frogg toggs in my opinion. You can rool them up into a ball not much bigger than a ball cap.

· Bow Bender
6,974 Posts
I bought the Browning zero gravity from Sportsmans warehouse and used it in CO on my elk hunt this year. In CO it's not a matter of if you are going to rained on, but when. It downpoured one morning and I had it on and stayed 100% dry. Good stuff. Gore-tex and packable 100%

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Cabelas Space Rain gear packs the smallest I've seen.

· Registered
131 Posts
Not going to keep you warm by no means but as far as packability and keeping you dry to boot, you cannot beat the frogg toggs in my opinion. You can rool them up into a ball not much bigger than a ball cap.
Frogg Toggs seemed loud in the store if memory serves. I'm sure they keep you dry as a bone, but they just struck me as too "crunchy". What do you think?

Demo Dick

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Colorado for rain :rolleyes: ok have a beer :darkbeer: lets get real If you want to know about rain geer talk to some one tha hunts northern OR, WA, BC Canada or AK. I hunt in rain forest Gore tex I go thru 2 pairs a day. Sitka gear that is the ticket. The rest of it is junk if you get more than a light shower. Where I hunt water proof boots they just hold water in better off in tennis shoes and wool socks.

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want something quiet but most importantly not too hot. I had some rivers west stuff it was very nice but way too warm. I dont know if Im just hot blooded or what but walking to my stand I would sweat like no other. Something light and fairly quiet and cool is what I am looking for. If the temps are cold out then I will just layer over them. Anyone else got anymore suggestions thanks

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt:darkbeer:

· Registered
398 Posts
Sitka

Sitka Gear is the only raingear I have had that actually works as advertised. I hav en't worn the new stuff yet, but last years's was great and I have had 2 buddies that each spent 2 weeks in alaska hunting brown bear in the spring and now moose that are just raving about it.

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,626 Posts
SITKA sounds great. Are they noisy? As far as sweating ,I am sometimes getting more wet with raingear than without. I like MOUNTAIN HARDWEAR but they are not exactly quiet but do a fair job of staying dry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.