Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting muzzy but I think there are better prntrating heads I shoot a xt at 65 lbs with a 28 in arrow I was wondering if a fixed head pentrates better than a mech head I want a head that will bust bone and keep goin and stil have good blood what should I try

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Your muzzy will potentially out penetrate almost any mech. head.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Slick Trick Standards

Gonna save you some time & money. Buy some Slick Trick Standards and never look back. Simply awesome.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
The G5 Striker is the strongest three blade with replaceable blades, that I would consider a cutting point.

When it comes to penetrating ability, diameter is the greatest influence and number of blades is next.

A 1.5" mechanical, will penetrate almost as deep as a 1.5" fixed three blade.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
a cut on contact 2 blade broadhead will be the best penetrating head.

the magnus buzzcut 2 blade if really sharp and penetrates deep. it also hits right with the field points.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I won't say they do or don't penetrate better than muzzys but I have yet to have a G5 Tekan that did not blow through a deer and bleed like there is no tomorrow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like Slick Tricks myself and I use them but I also use Rage and to me you just can't beat the Rage. Every deer I have ever killed since I started using them 2 years ago have not gone any further than 60 yds. Just like the commercial says "It's like throwing an axe through'em" and that ain't no lie!

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
a cut on contact 2 blade broadhead will be the best penetrating head.

the magnus buzzcut 2 blade if really sharp and penetrates deep. it also hits right with the field points.
I agree and that is why I use them.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
the best penetrating heads are the heavy 2 blade cut on contact heads. Grizzley, Abowyer, Tusker, Eclipse, Zwicky (no mercy), and for a 3 blade I would look at the Woodsman Elite.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
rage.:nyah::nyah:

someone had to say it

·
Registered
438 Posts
A great head

Steele head 125 does a great job on penetration.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I've shot a ton of different broadheads and nodoubt a fixed head is generally the way to go for ultimate penetration.... most of the time. However, the overall BEST penetrating b-head I've EVER shot was the Rocket Steelhead 100! I'm saying this even compared to other awesome b-heads I've shot like Slick Tricks and RM Ti-100's,.... granted this is based on only about 30 deer that I've taken with the Steelhead.... but EVERYshot has been a complete pass-thr and not a singledeer ever tok more than 60 yards on me. They wil slice and smash through anything at all kinds of shot angles!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Money and equipment cannot solve the poor placement of hitting bones. Arrows and bones don't mix and open up a plethora of potential glancing and blade breakage issues.

Spend the time to learn anatomy, be patient and take the good shot. Then you can remove the bone problems from your list.

Not saying accidents can't happen but assuming you need a plan "B" before you even shoot, is planning for failure instead of success. Never plan to fail!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've shot a lot of different BHs in to a BH target. The WASP SST outperforms all of them. The block has never stopped an SST. Slick tricks dont get half the penetration. Of course I only pull 62#. Any BH will blow clean through a BH block with enough energy behind it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts