Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger brother is starting to bow hunt and i was looking for opinions on a good performing head for his set up. He is currently pulling about 35 pounds, thought about Magnus stingers or buzzcuts but wanted to hear some opinions. Any suggestions on a solid head for his rig?

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woops thought i was in the bowhunting forum.
Mods can you move this thread please?

·
Registered
266 Posts
My wife uses Stingers or standard magnus 2-blade with good results. I've heard nothing but good about the Buzz Cuts as well.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The only ones I've used were Steelforce heads. I highly recommend them. Super sharp, and fly great even at high speeds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My son uses the Rage Ke40 and they work great.

·
Registered
216 Posts
G5 makes a 2 blade that is pretty darn good too. I forgot the name. I had them when I was shooting a longbow. It was the second run though that didn't have the chisel tip. The second run design was a cut on contact, sharp all the way to the tip. I'm not even sure if they still make them.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
You might be better off using the 3 and 4 blades in the 85 gr weight. It not the poundage it might be the speed that the arrow is flying at. New bows are a lot faster. I have a 50 lb bow shooting over 300fps, so you can use the multi blade bhs and do well with them. You also might try only the 1" cut instead of the wide cut. I would go with the Montec or the Slick Trick, the mechanicals take up to much energy.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
My younger brother is starting to bow hunt and i was looking for opinions on a good performing head for his set up. He is currently pulling about 35 pounds, thought about Magnus stingers or buzzcuts but wanted to hear some opinions. Any suggestions on a solid head for his rig?
My son shot his deer this year (11 years old) with a 40# Rintec at 23" draw with 1716 aluminum tipped with Magnus Stinger 2 blades.The deer only ran 30 yards and piled up.He shot clean through and the arro stuck in a tree.

Have any question give me a call.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1035630

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know these are not 2 blade bh's but I needed a light bh that was cut on contact for my son who was 9, he was shooting 38# with a 21" draw so I bought him the 75gr sonic heads and they fly exactly like his field points and penetrate excellent. He took his first deer with a bow last season (5pt buck) and he hit him a little high and forward in the shoulder at 20yds, the arrrow only went in to the fletchings but left a good bloodtrail and the deer only went about 40yds before going down. I think I was more excited than him about his bowkill, it was awesome. here is a pic of his groups at 30yds w/broadheads out of his Mathews Ignition

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
i don't know about any 2 blade broadheads that much but what i used when I was pulling 35#-40# was muzzy 75 grain 3 blade broadheads, we sold my older bow to our friend's son and he shot a hog with it at 12 yards at about 40# using the muzzy 3 blade 75 grain that we gave him with easton axis 500's and he didn't make a really good shot but he hit it in the ham and it passed-through out in front of the opposite ham and they ended up cornering it and the boy finished it off. I had also shot a doe and quite a few hogs with the same broadheads about 10 hogs and the penetration was really good. I had shot one hog 20 yards away with the same bow this year when i still had it shooting the same arrow but pulling about 45# and the arrow punched through its shoulder and stuck into the other one and the hog maybe ran 40 yards and died fast with a really good blood trail.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Buzzcuts...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Magnus Stingers or Buzzcuts, either will work great

1 - 19 of 19 Posts