Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to scratch the itch to buy a new bow, after some considerations I like the sound of the Mathews DXT. However it is not available in any local shops, and if it were, is would cost about double what it does in the US. The Mission (by Matthews) X5 goes for 720euro - near $1000USD, while in the states it costs about half that, just for comparison.

I am in no real hurry, and I figure that it would be best to wait for the new year when the new models come out. I would also be happy enough to buy a used on on ebay, but at the moment they are still pretty pricey.

Any suggustions as to which websites might be the best to look for it on, and exactly when is the market likely to drop on these bows?

Thanks.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
They are a Pro Shop only Bow. Second hand market is your only bet. Your best bet is like you said. Wait for the next model and people will drop them like all those in the past. I personally do not care for Mathews at all. When I sold my Q2 I got about 2x more than I thought I would. I can at least say they have excellent resale value.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I would personally wait to see what they come out with in November. Then if you still want the DXT look in the classifieds here on this site.

You can find some pretty good deals on bows there.

Good luck.

· Registered
253 Posts
Check the bows for sell here on Archerytalk. I bought a one month old DXT from a fellow here for way less than what you 've been told. I can't say enough good about it. The deals are here, just be patient and keep looking. Good luck,
Greg :darkbeer:

· Registered
348 Posts
I would check the classifieds here, or ebay. If none there, you have to get one from a pro shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.