Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy a Morrell Yellowjacket. You can only shoot BH into them and they are JUNK! The first one I had fell apart after 32 shots and the second one I got for free would not let me pull the BH's out without standing on it and it is falling apart after less than 50 shots.

· Registered
10,157 Posts
for field points only ,i have to say the block ,i just replaced my 1st one ,it was 9 yrs old and the middle was shot out because i shot some broadheads into it ,i can still use it but i replaced it with a new one ,i hope to a few years out of it and i'm not going to shoot broadheads at it ,i'll use the ol mckenzie for that

· Registered
14,752 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
thank MKelly. Anybody else? Are block targets worth the price? Do broadheads tear them up fast?
Nope they are not worth the price..And yes broadheads will tear them up quick..Shooting just fieldpoints i had arrow poking out the back after 100 shots..

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I persoanally like the Block and have had very good luck with the 4x4. But I don't shoot broadheads that it very often. The 18-1 seems like a good target, I like the one year warranty.

· Registered
664 Posts
Is the rinehart warranty good even if you're shooting broadheads into the thing?
Yes it is but the trick is you have to wear out all 18 sides to collect on the warranty but in my opinion it is well worth the money. I have had mine for almost 2 years now and have been shooting at it with 90 and 100# bows and have yet to get a passthrough even with broadheads and even my eight year old daughter can pull them out.

OBH

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
blocks have gotten too expensive for me. I just bought the cabelas $45 layered target. I would suggest that one. it will last as long as the block and is half the cost. it's also pretty small and light.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
The Rinehart 18-1 is much better than the layered foam targets, its very portable and very very long lasting. Broadheads will tear it up quicker than fieldpoints as to be expected, but I've yet to get a pass through and I shoot my share of broadheads. Best target I've owned so far.

· Registered
12,464 Posts
I just knew the Rinehart 18-1 had to be overpriced and not as good as everyone says. Its not overpriced and it is better than I imagined it could be. As far as I am concerned it is the ONLY true field tip and broadhead target on the market (the others simply do not stand up to broadheads). It is every bit as good as people say and more. :thumb:

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I have had mine for almost 2 years now and have been shooting at it with 90 and 100# bows and have yet to get a passthrough even with broadheads
Hmmmm......I had my first passthrough on my 18-1 after about 50 BH shots at the same side. I switched sides and can tell that the middle is pretty shot out, as my arrows were sticking out the other side from the start. At this point, I'm going for the warranty coverage and will shoot out all 18 sides.

Now, having said that......it's the best BH target that I have shot at, and is quite portable. But because it's so small, I set it in front of my 4-foot by 4-foot Block target for long range shots. Just in case one gets away from me.:embara:

· Registered
146 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy a Morrell Yellowjacket. You can only shoot BH into them and they are JUNK! The first one I had fell apart after 32 shots and the second one I got for free would not let me pull the BH's out without standing on it and it is falling apart after less than 50 shots.
I have several hundred shots into mine after 3 years no problems. Field points are near impossible to pull out. I shoot broadheads at it only.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I have several hundred shots into mine after 3 years no problems. Field points are near impossible to pull out. I shoot broadheads at it only.
I shot mine just about in half in about a month. It can't even stand on it's own, it falls apart. That's why I bought the 18-1. However, I have shot FP's into it as well, and they come out OK. My Axis arrows are a little tight, but they come out too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.