Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
91,533 Posts
lw or muddy i will be glad to quote you on either

· Registered
1,080 Posts
I love my Lone Wolf Alpha with Lone Wolf sticks. Easily packable and comes with backpack straps.
I second that, but I also think it depends on you.

I'm 5'6" and 137-140 lbs depending on running season. My LW Alpha Assault and four sticks weigh 19 or 20 lbs (I think). Weight is an important thing for my scrawny butt.

However, my half-brother is over 6' and 190 lbs. He's happy with the BBD combo offered by Bass Pro last year at 31 or 32 lbs.

Haven't seen any nice things about LW since their move to China. Recommend investigating a little before purchasing.

happy hunting, dv

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
I use my summit goliath most of the time. sometimes if I have enough cover I will use 3 short lone wolf sticks and a loc on I havent bought yet. lol I also have a 10 ft ladder thats fairly easy to move around. Might just use that. for safety you cant beat a ladder

· Registered
2,101 Posts
the treesaddle, no question about it for me. About 3 pounds and you shoot all the way around the tree, hide behind the tree trunk, wash it to keep it scent free. One will last you a lifetime. No noise, no one can steal it, because it is always with you. Takes a little practice to learn to use it and be comfortable, then you are all set. All sorts of step options: screw in, rope on, strap on ladders, tree spikes, tree branches, etc.

Everyone has preferences though. 20 bowhunters, 20 opinions....haha. At least we live in America and can use whatever we like.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Millenium and the cheap treesteps from gander.

· Hard Horned
2,596 Posts
saddle and muddy sticks
saddle and rapid rails
lw alpha and muddy sticks
lw alpha and rapid rails

The only things I want/need to get up a tree anymore...
I cant leave stands all year and I dont want to draw attention to where i am at.

Both are easy to pack in and out or i can even hang the stand and hide the sticks nearby.

· Registered
4,079 Posts
i love my lonewolf sticks four get me somewhere around 18-20 ft plenty high enough, but i to am still searching for a lightweight easy to set stand. ive been looking at the loc on's but apparently im to fat for the ones i like

· Registered
294 Posts
For maximum portability and flexibility and minimal weight and setup time I would suggest to you my setup, which is a Tree Saddle for the 'tree stand' and Climbpaws for the tree steps. Folks who say the Tree Saddle is uncomfortable may not be using one of the proper size - mine is plenty comfortable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.