Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team #9
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0969.jpg IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0971.jpg
whats the best position to set rest launcher blade on the shelf ? this has been working best for me but curious
to what other shooters think...about to re string and cable this B.... and do some indoor ..hahah I think I got
my mind game ready, before I wanted it too bad and would crumble on bigger events ..now older I don't care
and can shoot relaxed yet focused at lease I think so haha ..archery forever humbling for me ..what effects
does having the launcher blade closer or father away?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
The reduce the effects of torquing your bow, the raised launcher should directly above the crotch of the hand (where the index finger and thumb meet at the grip of the bow. Having the launcher in front of or rearward of that point allows for grip induced torque.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The best starting point is at the pivot point of your grip. This is usually directly below the berger hole. If you torque your bow and the rest is at the pivot point then the rest moves the least. To far back isn't good.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,701 Posts
The reduce the effects of torquing your bow, the raised launcher should directly above the crotch of the hand (where the index finger and thumb meet at the grip of the bow. Having the launcher in front of or rearward of that point allows for grip induced torque.
The best starting point is at the pivot point of your grip. This is usually directly below the berger hole. If you torque your bow and the rest is at the pivot point then the rest moves the least. To far back isn't good.
Go to link noted above, go to page 3 - top right, vanes sitting between prongs of rest. One of the most accurate bows I've ever owned. Placed or won in everything, 3D, Indoor, Outdoor (900 round) and Field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts