Archery Talk Forum banner

best press on AT

1048 16
Ok thats it Ive had it, time to bow my own press and do my own work. my question to all you is who has the best press on AT for the money. current bows are in the sig line so these are what this press needs to work for. Also if there is one to stay away from you can PM me that info. thanks:darkbeer:
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5,664 Posts
You'll probably find your self wanting something like the last chance press for parallel limb bows. You can even get an electric one.

I haven't used one, but it is the most simple and functiuonal design in my opinion. It will be the way I go if I order a press in the future (I have one that works, but i shoot martins and usually back out the limb bolts to do my work).

http://www.lastchancearchery.com/Power 1.html

· Registered
9,602 Posts
You'll probably find your self wanting something like the last chance press for parallel limb bows. You can even get an electric one.

I haven't used one, but it is the most simple and functiuonal design in my opinion. It will be the way I go if I order a press in the future (I have one that works, but i shoot martins and usually back out the limb bolts to do my work).

+1 and I own one. They are great.

· Registered
3,271 Posts

simple design....what are they selling these for?

BTW, I have a gritty press that I bought for $115 used and it works like a charm on the two bows I've pressed thus far. Got the "C-clips" that go around the cams so you can press on the tips of the limbs.

· Registered
3,001 Posts
+2 for the Ultra press by Gritty. He's selling them for 165$ to your door now I believe in the lower 48. This is the press I'm going with. His comes with new pins for doing alot of the new bows.

· Registered
246 Posts
The Omni Press is also a great one for the money. $165 last I saw. I bought one and it presses any bow I can throw at it.
+1 Omni Press does all my bows and for like 265$ you get a drawbord. I am vary happy with mine

· Registered
6,665 Posts
Ok thats it Ive had it, time to bow my own press and do my own work. my question to all you is who has the best press on AT for the money. current bows are in the sig line so these are what this press needs to work for. Also if there is one to stay away from you can PM me that info. thanks:darkbeer:
As TCR1 said, you will end up wanting an Electric EZ Press. I noticed that you have at least 2 different bows that you will be servicing. I can tell you from experience, working on my bows (41" ATA, 37" ATA, 33" ATA), and my sons bow (33" ATA, 31" ATA), having to change the riser length and limb length setup every time you go to do anything becomes a royal PAIN IN THE @$$.

· Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,967 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.