·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I got a Bushnell The Truth on eBay for around $140 ,
I believe.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Accurate range estimating is not a mystical talent bestowed on only a lucky few. Just takes practice.
Here is a post I put in another thread. It's how I teach other hunters. (Youngsters and 30 yr. experienced guys)

Something you can do at no cost.
Take one of your old bent, broken arrows. Measure 30 yds. from the door that you use the most entering and exiting the house.
Stick the arrow in the ground.
Every time you go out that door, look at the arrow and say out loud. "That's 30 yards."
After 2 weeks have a friend, wife etc. place a turkey decoy randomly in the yard.
Walk towards it , stop when you feel it's at 30 yds. Measure the distance. You'll have the range perfect in short order.
After that plus, minus in 5 yd. increments .
Eliminates the need for a range finder and all that movement.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accurate range estimating is not a mystical talent bestowed on only a lucky few. Just takes practice.
Here is a post I put in another thread. It's how I teach other hunters. (Youngsters and 30 yr. experienced guys)
Very good info thank you

·
Registered
980 Posts
I used a similar way to learn distances like Uncleray described but about a year ago I picked up a Simmons off Craigslist for around $60 that had probably been used once. Worked great all year, even after I dropped it from 15'.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bought a Nikon Rifle Hunter on here and ebay for very fair prices that I recall being under $150 years ago. Probably better now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
just bought a nikon riflehunter 550 w/id for $125 on the classifieds. was in practically new condition(lenses were perfect). Check the classified and look around for deals you can get them for great prices

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know it's not directly responsive to your question, but I bought a Nikon arrow ID rangefinder for $275 last summer. I am not happy with it. It occasionally gives really bad results and sometimes won't work at all. I will probably sell it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You can probably pick up a really good used range finder off the classifieds for under 150. However, I picked up my Nikon Aculon for 125 last year on sale at bass pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts