Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know which release you guys think is the best when it comes to strictly target shooting, 5-spot or vegas, trying to up my x count and i am thinking my release is my next move. i just got a mach pro target bow and love it, i am using a 2-little right now and i'm thinking abount a back tension release but undecided right now, would like some serious imput... Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
tru ball:)

·
Banned
910 Posts
Ive tried, carter, Ive tried truBall....and they are good releases. If you like a hot release...ie; very light trigger with no travel and a 3 finger design....Spott Hogg " Saturday Night Special." these releases are selling for about $110 amercan at Lancasters. Its now my favorite and has raised a few eye brows and vocal wows from guys that have tried just about everything at the club range. 1 guy cursed me because after trying it,he knew he had to spend $110 and get 1 too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tru ball. Fine device. GREAT accuracy!!

·
33,181 Posts
Tru Ball back tension. They are great releases and the company really knows how to treat their customers!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Zenith

Zenith, Period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
735 Posts
What ever you can shoot without thinking about it ,doesn't matter what it is , Tru Ball gold BT is that release for me at the moment.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I currently shoot a Carter Target 3 for just about everything or a Tru Ball Ultra 3....but after shooting the new Stan thumb trigger I wanted to throw my Carter in the trash (or atleast just use it for hunting:wink: ).....But tonite I shot the new Stan BT releases and oh my goodness. They are the nicest shooting best feeling BT releases I have ever wraped my fingers around. The piviot point on them are PERFECT it was like they were going off with no effort at all. I didn't have to think about shooting at all just aim baby. I will have one very shortly.

·
74,535 Posts
Carter

Target four or Target three has been a winner for many years.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
DEADEYE63 said:
I would like to know which release you guys think is the best when it comes to strictly target shooting, 5-spot or vegas, trying to up my x count and i am thinking my release is my next move. i just got a mach pro target bow and love it, i am using a 2-little right now and i'm thinking abount a back tension release but undecided right now, would like some serious imput... Thanks
serious answer.

I'm thinkin it's the releaser not the release maker that will up the X count.

i got Stans and zenith which are as good as any out there, but those in itself isn't upping the X count. How I use them ups it and lowers it just depends on how I'm using them that day. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts