Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently started shooting with me but we are having trouble finding her a relese that she is comfortable with. Do any of you ladies have an oppinion on which might work for her. Most are made for men and are too long. We have tried several adjustable and still havent found one that she likes. We though we might try a 3 finger or something like that. Any help would be great, thanks in advance, Mike.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have pretty small hands and I am using the carter Just Cuz. People were surprized because of the size of my hands but it is the most comportable release that I could find for me. It works great. If you are looking for a real small release one that I tried that worked pretty good was the Sat. night special by spot hog.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
another one is the fits me too by carter.

truball little boss

adjustable strap model might be the scottle itty bitty goose or a truball copperhead.

looking at wrist releases that the head is by a nylong strap instead of some huge steel cylinder is a better way to go for ladies IMO.

the nylon strap like scott uses on their NCS system will let you get the EXACT length your wife needs. i know women can be picky, ESPECIALLY WOMEN FROM NEBRASKA!!!!!

hehehehe:wink:

·
Registered
369 Posts
TruBall's short & sweet works very good for me, but I use a trigger release. They have a youth strap if the adult strap is too big. It also takes a few days to get the strap soft, but then it's ready to go! I didn't know exactly what kind she's looking for. Back tension, finger trigger, or thumb trigger? Or is she still scouting that too?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Triger style

We havent tried the short and sweet yet. We are going tommorow to a larger pro shop to see if we can find one that fits her better. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
724 Posts
tru

my wife uses t.r.u cyclone you can make it very short and has good trigger positioning for her
Randy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I always used the tornado release...if she goes to fingers just make sure her bow is long enough to keep from pinching her fingers.

Question: Does she have a D loop on her string? A lot of guys I know shoot with this and it works for them...always made my release too long when coupled with a trigger.

Another thought...takes a little getting use to but another option may be a target release. There are more made for smaller hands in my opinion. I've used one target shooting...has a rope release and thumb trigger, but I know you can find a lot of variations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am using the T.R.U. ball Cyclone release. Granted I'm new to the sport, but so far it has worked great! I haven't had one single problem with it, and it's great because it's adjustable and can even be made short enough for my little hands:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like the Scott release's. Most of them can adjust way down to fit any size hand. And the wrist band is very cushy and comfortable. It doesnt pinch or dig into you hand at all.

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
I use the Sabertooth and so far I really like it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
back tension

I picked up my first compound bow this past late April. I started off shooting a trigger release and have recently....a week ago......found back tension and it is great! It has improved my accuracy and allowing me to work on aiming.

Ragella

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use the Tre Fire Judge...and it works great!!!! I love the buckle and the fact that you can set the trigger tension!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts