Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fixing to put a new set of string and cables on my 08.5 elite gt500, not knowing to much about the different brands of strings I need some opinions on what to use?

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
I had a set of Stage 1 Strings put on my GT500 last year and they still look and perform like new. at least 5000 shots on them so far and not a problem. The B2 Bowstrings by Nathan Brooks may be the best strings I have ever used, period. He sure knows how to build a set of strings. This is my 2nd set on the 07 Cardiac, and man do they look sweet and shoot even better.

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
i like johns customs (breathn on here) you can pm him. great customer service and a better string/cable builder.

·
I made the switch!
4,703 Posts
Bunch of good uns on here. I have been using 60X and really like his strings.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Bunch of very good ones out there. With that said, I am currently running Vapor Trails with no problems , ever.

Joe at Proline makes some dang nice ones as well. Also, have heard nothing but good things about 60X although I have never used them

·
Registered
482 Posts
This question is never gonna get any honest answers in mass....99% of the answers youll get ate gonna come from guys on staff,and will more than likely be using strings frim another maker next year.,and buying a custom string is no different than buying a new bow...theyre all great in there own way,but they all have there similarities and differences..make some calls to any string maker here on at and make a judgement call for the one you feel best served you.its a string,and nothing more.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Vapor Trail has the best customer service out there. Their strings and cables are second to none!

·
Registered
670 Posts
You are going to get many responses as AT has many great stringmakers here. I use and support Jamie {Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings} he is here in Manufactures and also Strings. He is very helpful uses BCY products and is the fastest and most reasonably priced you will find.I think you will be more than happy after you see his ad and talk to him. Good luck and better hunting.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Bunch of very good ones out there. With that said, I am currently running Vapor Trails with no problems , ever.

Are running VTX or 452X from Vapor Trail? Thanks!
I have VTX on one, 452X on another, and , 8125 on another. And, on one, I have a combo of 452X and 8125

1 - 20 of 33 Posts