Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what are we all using for a sight and peep. Every year I find myself in the same situation before the season. I know exactly what sight I want, but NO ONE makes it!!!!!

My perfect sight - All aluminum, round colored (white or orange)pin guard, vertical inline steel pins, micrometer windage and elevation, available sight light. I would happily pay $150.00 for this sight if someone made the damn thing.

I have ruled out the TR Matrix . . . too much plastic for me.
HHA triple threat is pretty nice, but I wish their V chips had more adjustability (pin color etc).
Toxonics are OK, but nothing special, as far as their hunting sights go. (love their target sights!)

I guess that means I will be shooting a Coper John Deadnuts with the afterburner light. If that sight had inline pins, it WOULD be perfect. Price is very reasonable for the high quality of sight (especially when compared to the all plastic TR Matrix) . . .
and I have never heard a single complaint about the Copper John.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I use the Hoyt sight which is (I think) made by Toxonics they make a very good light for their sight H1010. The peep I use is the Fletcher True-Peep 1/4 at least for hunting..

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a Trophy Ridge 3 pin Flatliner sight(the cheap one)and have had no problems with it.The new matrix with the metal pins should be a great sight.The housing may be plastic but mine has held up fine.I have a Shurz-a-Peep peep sight that works well for me.Sure alignment and no rubber tubing.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i like the fletvcher tru peep in the 1/8th size and i use the copper john deadnuts hunter 3 pin sight. i have great pin pickup with the combo and my pins and fibers are .40 instead of .29. ablew to see in any kind of weather or low light
rob k

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I use the Trophy Ridge Matrix (3 SteelTek .029" pins for hunting). I've used a TR sight for the last 3 seasons and have NEVER experienced any problems. A great hunting/3D system. I also use a Fletcher Super Hunter peep. :cool:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I use the fletcher tru peep big big big hole for hunting!

Sights - a bunch of good ones on the market, Copper Johns, Toxonics, Extreme, Viper, Trophy Ridge, Montana Black Golds and Spott Hoggs.

I like the following sights this year. Any of these are great and worth checking out.

Toxonics Aluminator
Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter
Viper Hunter Series
Spot Hogg Real Deal
Trophy Ridge Matrix
Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil

I saw some Vipers over the weekend and really like them! I also like the stuff Extreme is putting out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts