Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Silencing Kit for my bow

1442 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Anynamewilldo
I am looking to make my bow as quiet as it can possibly be. It's quiet already but I want to optimize.

I have a Martin Altitude, 70lb, 6 5/8" brace, Limbsaver s-coil stabilizer, 2 whisker things on the string. It's a solid limb bow, and I'm looking for suggestions.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
8,867 Posts
I have a Martin Altitude, 70lb, 6 5/8" brace, Limbsaver s-coil stabilizer, 2 whisker things on the string. It's a solid limb bow, and I'm looking for suggestions.
Limb Savers are probably the single most effective way to reduce vibration/noise. They also keep gadgets from vibrating loose.

I also find that the Simm's cable rod dampeners work quite well, and I use the economy version as a slide stop/dampener.

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Take the cat whiskers off or leave them on but put a string tamer on to stop the string. You will not only quiet the shot you will reduce the hand shock. (you might not feel it now but you will feel the difference after) I have them in stock, I think that only has a front stabilizer hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.