Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used my axion 5 pin sight ever since i started shooting. Ive literally never shot a single pin sight. I'm wanting to switch to a new sight and I want to try the single pin route. What's a good one for a newbie? I like one from hha. I can't remember the model but it's simple looking unlike the spott hogg hoggfather. That thing just looks intimidating to me. I don't know what half of those knobs and screws even do. Anyways what are your guys thoughts..

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Google HHA and TruGlo.....many models to choose from

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I love my Hogg Father.
for 3d and hunting just spin the big dial to the distance and shoot.

The adjustment are very easy up/down - or left right. , Big dial is gross adjustment for distance.

for Spots you can micro adjust elevation and windage to move the arrow a 0.125 per click or close to that. On spots it is a great advandage to be able to move the arrow slightly
They are not cheap

HHA sights are all nice even the low end ones. I just like micro adjust.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'm in the same situation and I'm going to go with Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL

·
Registered
783 Posts
Another vote for the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL. The last sight you'll ever need to buy and it's pretty idiot proof.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sometimes I have seen used hha sights in classifieds on here. Sold a couple on here myself. I keep getting other optimizers to replace them. I am currently looking at there kingpin. I like the 010 size pin with the reostat feature.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sight Master for hunting. You can change the yardage while at full draw. None of the other single pin sights can do that. Buy the Elite Micro and change from the 2XL scope that is standard and order it with a 7, 8, or 9XL scope. www.sight-master.com

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
After I tried an HHA King Pin I switched all my bows to the King Pin. That said, a sight like a bow is a personal decision. You either like one or you don't. All single pin sights mentioned are great sights, if you like them. Ex: I wanted a CBE Hybrid for the longest time, got one, great sight, I hated it! Replaced it with an HHA ULtra, tried the King Pin! The King Pin became my go-to & well withing my like / comfort zone. Easy to setup, bright, plenty of accessories, well built, fast to sight in.
N

·
Registered
716 Posts
Love my spot hogg fast eddie on my hunting bow and i'm ordering a fast eddie xl for my 3d bow as well.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
I have a cbe tek hybrid pro and i just bought a kingpin 5510 and there are features of both i like and dont like. Im trying to figure out how to combine them into a frankensight or which one to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Fast Eddie XL

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
I like the HHA haven't tried anything else. Look them up. Multi pins Spot Hogg Hunter.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I'll throw out Black Gold since they haven't been mentioned. Bright pins and they are photochromatic so the fibers automatically adjust to the amount of brightness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
HHA hands down best sight imo great customer service also always a bonus these days

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup, Fast Eddie XL is the best I've ever used to this date. Although I'm lusting over the HHA Kingpin XL.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts