Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a slider for 3d and hunting, in your opinion the best slider on the market to fulfill my needs. thanks!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
HHA, black gold ascent and sword centurion would be in the top 3 for me!

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Spot hogg wins in precision and quality.
CBE is nice and simple, high quality, but lacks 3rd axis (can get bracket)

HHA is overpriced for what you get. No bubble adjustments, not a precision assy even if you did have bubble adjustments.
It has a nice rheo scope though.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
Check out the Sure Loc Sportsman Special, its what I plan to use for 3D and hunting this year.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That's easy,Spothogg Hoggfather,there is NO rival.... period!

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
HHA or Black Gold Ascent are the best slider sights you can put on a bow. Can't go wrong with either one.

Sent from "dumb *******" using "smartphone";)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Nothing but HHA goes on my bows.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have had a Tommy Hogg with wrap, HHA, and now a Black Gold Ascent. I prefer the Black Gold. It's pins are brigter than the 2 Spot Hogg's that I have had in low light conditions even with the wrap on the Hogg's. It has 3 pins and I was able to customize it with colors, pin size, and a 6" dovetail.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
i have had a tommy hogg with wrap, hha, and now a black gold ascent. I prefer the black gold. It's pins are brigter than the 2 spot hogg's that i have had in low light conditions even with the wrap on the hogg's. It has 3 pins and i was able to customize it with colors, pin size, and a 6" dovetail.
x2 : )

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
For hunting.................HHA without a doubt.

For 3D..........take your pick. They are all good but I personally stick with HHA for everything.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Spot hogg wins in precision and quality.
CBE is nice and simple, high quality, but lacks 3rd axis (can get bracket)

HHA is overpriced for what you get. No bubble adjustments, not a precision assy even if you did have bubble adjustments.
It has a nice rheo scope though.
I would like to know how an HHA is over priced considering how well they are built and how well they do the intended job?

An HHA would be the last sight a person would have to buy because of how rugged they are.

3rd axis is way over rated and just not needed for 98% of shooting situations.
Its all of this 3D stuff and people promoting a 3rd axis why we even see them today.

Even if HHA did offer a model with a 3rd axis I wouldnt buy it. Just more money to spend.

Been killing critters since back in the early 80's without a 3rd axis. And yes I lived and hunted out west in the big mountains for many years.

How did we ever get by with sights like these?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts