Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Mathews DXT and was wondering what the best stabilizer would be and how long?

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
I would go with something in the 8-10 in range. ANy stab can look good on a bow but is it stabilizing the bow? I would go with a b stinger in the 8 inch 8-11 oz range or any other stab with adjustable weights on the end. The DXT is a very light bow which is good for packing but for holding the pin solid may be a little to lite. Try these types of stabs for this.

B-stinger
Xtreme stabilizers
Posten

Can't go wrong with these. It's all to what you want.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,652 Posts
Best stab for any rig

POSTEN - they do what they're supposed to do!

Joe

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I would go with something in the 8-10 in range. ANy stab can look good on a bow but is it stabilizing the bow? I would go with a b stinger in the 8 inch 8-11 oz range or any other stab with adjustable weights on the end. The DXT is a very light bow which is good for packing but for holding the pin solid may be a little to lite.
Some great advice, above! I no longer have my DXT but do shoot a Z7 and the best stabilizer I have ever found is the Doinker DISH. I prefer the DISH because unlike the B-stinger, I can adjust the weights 1 oz. at a time to find that perfect feel and stability. I'd take a serious look at one for your DXT. Good luck and good shootin'

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Registered
643 Posts
I shoot a DXT, tell you the truth I'm not sure what stab I got on it. Its like a modular system though, you can add or subtract weight to it just screw on another weight deal. Works good, sorry for no name. I'll try figure out what it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts