Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Cabela's 3D targets and the stakes that came with them kinda suck. What stakes do you recommend for 3D targets? I have somewhat rocky ground.

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
Rips apart the foam?

I have always used standard good old fashioned 1/2" rebar on all the McKenzie and Rineharts I ever setup at the old club....

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
I ran some long bolts thru a 2x4, and then cut 2 pieces about 20" long and put one at each in, in other words made a stand. It is easy to pick it up and move them both around.

·
Vendor
24,630 Posts
i take a 1/2" rebar and bend it into a Z but the top and bottom are 10 inches and the middle 3 inches. drive in a straight back stake or Z shaped if you like. Then the Z shape in front. As long as you are within 6" it will work. Put a bar under the z to lift it out of the ground. Hope this system helps.

·
Registered
49,452 Posts
I guess the Cabela's ones don't have holes for stakes!
I have never seen a 3 D target that didn't have holes in the legs with steel tubes for rebar stakes. In fact I've never seen a target not come with stakes.
You sure you even got a target LOL.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
I make stands for all of my targets...

For each target you need one 2x4x8, two 3/8" x 8" carriage bolts, 4 washers and 2 nuts for the bolts.

Measure the distance between the stake holes in your target from center to center of the holes. Add 12 inches to that number and then use that total to make your first cut of the 2x4. Now take that piece and mark off 6 inches from each edge in the center of the board and drill the 2 holes for your carriage bolts. Insert the bolts and use the nuts and washers, and you can put some threadlocker on the nuts to prevent them from loosening if you want. Then with what is left of the 2x4 you can cut legs to put on each end at whatever length you want and attach them with nails or screws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts