Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pondering taking up traditional shooting. I have very little knowledge of recurve quality. I am not so much concerned with cost, but I don't want to break the bank 1st time around. I need a reasonably priced recurve that is a shooter. I may also use it for bowfishing also. Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Check out the Martin X-200. 60"AMO available draw weight of 25#-55#, 8"-8 3/4" brace height, mass weight 1lb. 13oz. Retail is $345 but you could most likely find it for less.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
jmillo: sent you a pm, thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
joelc is right; but make sure you start with a draw that is light to start with :wink: I started with a DreamCatcher 40# @ 28" and loved it :) My Martin "Stick" is a 55# @ 28" and is a lot harder to learn and wish I would've went with less weight on it :sad: You can always go up as you learn :tongue: Go over to the Traditional Forum and ask any questions you have there :embara: There are some awesome traditional guys there to help and help they will :wink: If you think a low weight won't kill check this out from 30 Yards

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
jmillo said:
that pic is sweet! Thanx for the help guys!
I just started lefthanded about 6 months ago after shooting right and finding out I was left eye dominate after 58 years.......:tongue: I had only been shooting recures for about a month, so I'm sure a lot was luck :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts