Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I now have a nice one with 2 arms ( in the tree right now ...could be a older EZ hanger thought..) and it's OK I guess.....
but I would feel better is this thing would have maybe another smaller screw ,or something, below the main screw to secure the bar so it could not shift sideways . I'm always scared the bow might fall suddenly if the main screw goes with the bow weight... what do you think ?

what is the best one IYO ? it's for a gift for a friend.

Thanks
stef.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I use the three arm EZ hanger!! have for couple years now and seems to work perfectly fine to me!! :teeth:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
There is a brand (can't remember it's name but they sell it in many stores) that does just that with a brace arm and a screw attachment below the long arm the bow rests on.

I initially thought it was nice, but I actually prefer the ezhanger. It is hard to screw in compared to the ezhanger, which can be frustrating if you're hunting and not doing that prior to the season. Also, I found the arms to be of lesser quality - with the arm swinging easier with little force on it, making me a little nervous that it won't hold the bow. I tightened one up, but it always back out to the same "level" of looseness after a few wiggles or movements of the arm.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the three arm EZ hanger!! have for couple years now and seems to work perfectly fine to me!! :teeth:
I wish the EZ hanger had a longer screw because it's a bit short for softwood, like the cedar my tree sand is in now... might work good on hardwood....but softwood you have to be careful IMO....

thanks to everyone for their help. keep the suggestions coming..

Stef.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I wish the EZ hanger had a longer screw because it's a bit short for softwood, like the cedar my tree sand is in now... might work good on hardwood....but softwood you have to be careful IMO....

thanks to everyone for their help. keep the suggestions coming..

Stef.
That's why you should look at Bow Jaws. Their screw-in version uses a square plate at the end of the screw. You screw it in up to the square plate and the plate is like a brace up against the tree and takes all the pressure when you put the bow on it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why you should look at Bow Jaws. Their screw-in version uses a square plate at the end of the screw. You screw it in up to the square plate and the plate is like a brace up against the tree and takes all the pressure when you put the bow on it.
OK thanks for your help...

I'm sure it will take the weight of the bow if it's extended straight in front, but what if the section is at a 90 degree angle counterclockwise ?...

but again I guess it's easy to drill the plate and add a smaller screw/nail to avoid shifting ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts