Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a dozen Fatboys 340 with g nocks, 3 inch vanes, and 100 grain points. after building them i weigh them and they come out to 382 grains. Is that too much for a target/3d arrow? what is the best weight for drenalin ld pulling about 63 pounds? i cronoed it and its shooting 287, need help!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I recently bought a dozen Fatboys 340 with g nocks, 3 inch vanes, and 100 grain points. after building them i weigh them and they come out to 382 grains. Is that too much for a target/3d arrow? what is the best weight for drenalin ld pulling about 63 pounds? i cronoed it and its shooting 287, need help!
If you're shooting ASA you don't want to get any faster.
You really should probably slow it down a couple of fps to be safe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Gateway Rayzr feathers only weigh about 5 grains for all three. Your may be able to save 10 grains with them. What's your draw length? You could shoot a lighter arrow at 63lbs.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
That is a great speed and arrow weight. But i would slow it down a touch. If you are shooting ASA i think a comfortable cold shot through a chronograph should be around 278-282 and no more. I personally shoot 275 to keep from having any problems....I too have a long draw and have to shoot 340 lightspeeds but are around 365grains and they fly great.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Where your at is a great medium. I prefer a little on the heavy side for windy situations. I personally dont want anything over about 385gr. for my setup. I shoot around 275-278 w a 365gr. arrow at 55lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts