Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best target arrow on the markest and why?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It depends upon what target format you plan on shooting as well what you level of skill is. If NFAA field type archery is what you will be shooting mostly is then I prefer the A/C (aluminum core carbo arrows) such as either the ACC (which is very durable), the NAvigator (also very durable) or the ACE (Not quite as durable, but fast and forgiving).

If target archery (FITA's) is your game, then I would look at X10 (the premier shaft, but expensive), ACE's, or Navigators.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for a good "line cutter" for indoor archery. For field archery I'm shooting Easton Lightspeed 400s and they work great for me. I was wondering more about whether I should go with The Easton X7 Eclipse or like a Fatboy/Linejammer type arrow.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Go with the arrow that groups the best (at all distances you will be shooting) and is the most forgiving to mistakes you make.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Most indoor shooters are using 2613's with heavy tips and 4" feathers. I have a set of 2512's at about 32" length and 240 grain points, which I like real well. They are not FITA legal though.

For the majority of my FITA indoor shooting. I use 2315's with 180 grain points and 4" feathers which is the maximum legal dia. for FITA. (9.3mm or 0.366" dia.)

I have tried a few of the carbon shafts, but I see no advantage of their use. However, I see several disadvantages and I am happy with the arrows I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts