Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new Bradley 6-Rack Digital Smoker and need suggestions on a real good digital meat thermometer.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Maverick thermometers are awesome, pick the one you want depending on how many probes you need and how far away you want to read from.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I use the pit boss for my green egg. I can control and monitor everything right from my phone. It gives me real time internal meat temps and grate temps

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I only use ThermoWorks that use type K thermocouple probes and they work flawlessly.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
some digital thermometer from wally, seems to work just fine

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If you need a thermometer for testing meat I would get a Thermapen. Probably the most widely used on pro BBQ circuit.

If you need probes for leaving in meat while it cooks, I use ThermaQ. Two thermocouple inputs and alarms for both channels.

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
Thermoworks makes the best meat/cooking thermometers in the world. Alton Brown endorses them without even being a paid spokesman, America's Test Kitchen has them as their best of the best also. Watch any cooking show where the chef is using a meat thermometer and it's almost always a Thermoworks Thermapen. I recently got the Thermoworks DOT probe thermometer with alarm and it's awesome. I've smoked some venison roasts and a prime rib for Christmas and the results were perfection. I have a ThermoPop for an instant read thermometer too and they are both top notch. I wish I would have just gotten the Smoke though. It has a huge temp range and a wireless alarm/remote so you can be inside and monitor what's going on in the smoker. Here's a link to it. http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got the Thermo Pro TP-20 around thanksgiving and it’s awesome. It comes with two probes so you can monitor multiple meats or one meat and the smoker temp, and the wireless receiver has a pretty good range so you can take it with you and monitor temps from inside if it’s cold out or whatever. I love it so far and it has great reviews everywhere you look. Lifetime probe warranty so if anything happens to the probes they send you new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Thermapen is your answer. they were on sale for 80.00 free shipping before Christmas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts