Archery Talk Forum banner

Best thumb release for hunting...????????

668 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  sambo3006
im looking into it and was wondering what the best thumb release for hunting under 100 is..

larry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,249 Posts
If you're just using it for hunting the Tru Fire 3D Hunter is great. I like the rotating head and the trigger adjustment. I have two so I can keep a backup in my gear. Watch the classifieds and you can usually find one fairly cheap ...

· Registered
34,533 Posts
It's the same as it would be for target....

the one that fits you best and you shoot the best.....

I am sure there is someone that has or does hunt with every thumb trigger out there.

I know people that hunt with a Carter Target 4....I wouldn't....because I don't like the handle. :wink:

Just find one you like and hunt with it.:)

· Registered
857 Posts
im looking into it and was wondering what the best thumb release for hunting under 100 is..

larry
I love my Carter Chocolate Addiction. You might find one used for $100. It cocks with only one motion as opposed to some other Carters. I shoot it like a back tension for best accuracy but it can be triggered right when you want to as well. Absolutely the best release I have ever used for hunting and 3D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.