Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how's it going everyone? If you were to count in your general schedule, around what time is it most convenient for anyone here to shoot? Like morning, afternoon, night, midnight, etc.? Where do you usually shoot at those times?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Evening, in the summer,in a 24 hour outdoor range, but I live in a massive metro area where traffic is dense and archery ranges are sparse. If I go to a local range after work, odds are it will be so crowded, I won't even get in. If I had a yard, it would be any time I felt like it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a large backyard, that's where I usually shoot. It's hot and humid here in the summer so I shoot about 6:00 am and late evening, I just got thru with the evening shoot.

Last Jan and Feb I shot at Gander Mtn, about 5 minutes from my house, they have a real nice range. I would go about 7:00 pm and was usually the only one there.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I tend to shoot either mid morning on the weekends and after dinner on the weekdays. Really the weekends can be anytime I can get away.
I did learn on thing yesterday about when not to shoot. I had league last night and shot horribly. I ended up working late so by the time I got home it was pack my gear up and leave without eating supper. I was tired and hungry and for the life of me I could not hold my shot steady. I should have skipped shooting last night and just did a make up night instead.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sunday, before the thundering herd gets out of church.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I normally get out at about 7 pm. And have been shooting a 3d target I set up in the woods behind my house. It gets me ready for those low light hunting shots..

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm retired, and shoot in the back yard. However, my target has to be placed for safety...which, unfortunately, has me facing the mid-day sun. So, before 10am or after 3pm is best...unless the sky is overcast. I often shoot 12 rounds of 5 in the morning, as well as in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have a 12 target practice range just out the door, and a 15 target 3d course around the pond and through the woods, so I shoot many different times of the day, but I prefer shooting in the early morning as I'm just starting another pain filled day and it is a bit easier to get around... But also, shooting late when the pain is kickin real good has improved my focus immensely, and I'm shooting better now than I ever have...... The time spent is not as important as how you spend it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have small kids so my shooting time is dictated by their schedule. M-F I shoot at 8pm when they go to bed. On the weekends, I can shoot at 2pm (naps) or 8pm. I have a couple of acres so I've set up a range area in my back yard.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Whenever I can, I go to work early so afternoon and evening during the week, morning on the weekend. We have 40 acres so space isn't an issue. I have a set up near the house and a lot of the time I wander around the pasture shooting horse turds, small cactus, and a prarie dog that doesn't duck too soon in it's hole.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
during the summer i usually shoot at nights during the weekday..on the weekends i usually get up early before it gets hot, at my house of course

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
I shoot whenever my mood and opportunity coincide. I often only shoot a few arrows at a time but might shoot several times a day.

My favorite time to shoot is the last hour of daylight when the wind dies down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts