Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure this has been covered before so I apologize. If someone could share a link to the discussion I'd gladly read through it. But I'm just looking for suggestions on which broadheads I should be looking at during the off season. The cutthroat heads at RMS gear intrigue me, though expensive, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't be looking at some other heads as well. I've also noticed VPA broadheads and Simmons sharks. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
i'm gonna shoot the valkyrie blood eagle this year, they look like a good tool for the task. lots of good choices these days. VPA is a solid choice, bulletproof and reasonably priced. if you are looking at magnus type heads, i would get the kustom king german jager instead, they are a better head all around and very well priced. they have thicker blades, and better blade steel.... killer bargain at 30 bucks a 3 pk.

you don't want something with a steep blade angle, and do want something that is strong enough and will hold an edge well. there are seriously a lot of really good broadhead options these days.

if you are shooting lighter heads, the kudu contour in 100 or 125gr are great heads too, their edge retention is unmatched in that price range. i wouldn't shoot the 150gr out of a trad bow due to their cut size, the 150's are 1.4" wide cut, which isn't ideal.

really heavy heads, tuffhead makes some solid choices.

·
Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
640 Posts
Magnus, Zwickey two blades and Standard Muzzy three blade heads. Either 125 or 150 grain weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts