Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a turkey fan/decoy for turkey reaping with a bow. I see the ‘Tominator’ is $29 which a decent price. What is the best turkey fan/decoy for turkey reaping with a bow?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I made one out of a Flextone Thunder Creeper decoy. I modified it to attach a real fan to, basically all I did was trim the Velcro that holds the existing fan. Then I went to craft store and bought some black felt and attached it to the decoy with a hot glue gun to give me a little more cover behind it. I took some steel fishing wire and sewed it in around the top edge of felt to hold it out away from the decoy. Sounds difficult but it’s not. For @ $60 I got a good lookin reaper that works awesome.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made one out of a Flextone Thunder Creeper decoy. I modified it to attach a real fan to, basically all I did was trim the Velcro that holds the existing fan. Then I went to craft store and bought some black felt and attached it to the decoy with a hot glue gun to give me a little more cover behind it. I took some steel fishing wire and sewed it in around the top edge of felt to hold it out away from the decoy. Sounds difficult but it’s not. For @ $60 I got a good lookin reaper that works awesome.

Thanks.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
17,361 Posts
Just figure a way to mount a fan to your stabilizer, when they lock in on a fan not much matters! I know there are a few decoys made for the bow that you shoot straight through, not too expensive either.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Heads up decoys makes a pretty good looking setup for your bow. I have not used the turkey but I have used the mule deer doe and it’s a nice setup as well. Maybe something for you to take a look at.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i recently bought a tominator with the intentions of putting it on my bow. i havent gotten around to it yet, its a little heavy in its stock configuration.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I just found the Killer Gear turkey decoys online, haven't seen one in person though...look pretty good.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Heads up Decoys is the best mobile reaping decoy I have found. Light weight, ultra portable. I’ve snuck in on turkeys in pastures, dirt fields, wheat fields, you name it it’s been effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heads up Decoys is the best mobile reaping decoy I have found. Light weight, ultra portable. I’ve snuck in on turkeys in pastures, dirt fields, wheat fields, you name it it’s been effective.

Does it attach to your bow?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Cool! Thanks.

You need your own fan though, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts