Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a brand new bow for hunting. Haven't bought a new bow in years and the shop I used to buy from went out of business. I like the Diamond line from Bowtech, as well as many others. I'd like to know if there are any companies out there making a really great bow at an affordable price. Anyone's bows out there known for being a steal? I know the old adage about spending more now, less later; quality is the best value; etc. But I don't have a ton to spend. Any help would be nice. Thanks folks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Diamond Rapture and have absolutly ZERO complaints

Quiet, Fast, & Forgiving

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Diamond and Ross are two that come to mind. I initially ordered a diamond but change my mind and went with a Ross. The Ross is more than the Diamond in most areas but generally less expensive that Mathews.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
glichti said:
Looking to buy a brand new bow for hunting. Haven't bought a new bow in years and the shop I used to buy from went out of business. I like the Diamond line from Bowtech, as well as many others. I'd like to know if there are any companies out there making a really great bow at an affordable price. Anyone's bows out there known for being a steal? I know the old adage about spending more now, less later; quality is the best value; etc. But I don't have a ton to spend. Any help would be nice. Thanks folks.
Your sure to get alot of different opinions and be more confused.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Bengal baby

The Martin Bengal is a phenomenal bow for the money thier modular riser allows them to make a great bow and yet keep thier price down. FSL has a couple for sale you should get in contact with him.

·
Registered
438 Posts
06 Fred Bear Line( $299-$499)
Bowtech TOMKAT(That would be my choice)($550 with accessories)
Martin Bengal($399)

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
Look at the mid priced bows from the top companies like Pearson, Martin, Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, etc. They may not have all the bells and whistles of the top of the line bows. But, they represent an excellent value. I shoot the 2005 Pearson McPherson Diesel. It retailed for $399 for a bare bow. It is quiet, forgiving and hard hitting.

Scott

·
Banned
910 Posts
in the front....Bear, Martin,PSE.....in the back...Hoyt , because they have the highest resale value. You can get $400 for a 3yr old Hoyt. You almost have to give away value bows 3 or 4 yrs old, not to say they arent decent rigs, its just the way it goes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
glichti said:
So are Bear and Buckmasters quality bows?
My buddy has a bear and let me tell you it is a good quality bow. He has had no problems with it and he is not easy on equipment. The bow shoots better than he can and it never fails to fill his freezer. I myself am a Martin man they work great for me

·
Registered
447 Posts
look at the bear instinct. Parallel limbs, 31" ATA, single cam, $399. Shoot it and you won't believe how smooth it is. Only bad points are the gawdy green anodize. Maybe you'll like it. Sounds like the bengal is similar but I think it looks a bit gawdy to. Just MO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bowtech Tomkat Kit

Bowtech Tomkat Kit... Set-up and Ready To Shoot For $500.00

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bowtech n Diamond

I currently own a '04 Bowtech Tomkat and have -Zero- complaints. My Tomkat has the single cam but the new one have the new binary cam. My Tomkat came with all the accessories but I did change to a Dusk Devil 2 sight and a NAP dropaway. Don't know why cause I was shooting deer with it being stock.
Today I just picked up an older "Bowhunt America" just to read and checked out an article on the Diamond Triumph. Very good reviews and it was only $500.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
772 Posts
CornStalker said:
I have a Diamond Rapture and have absolutly ZERO complaints

Quiet, Fast, & Forgiving
I too have a Rapture and absolutely love it. Its an affordable Bowtech.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I cant beleive nobody has mentioned reflex they are quality bows & have a resonable price tag. I bought my brother a 2006 Reflex Buckskin for $325 & it is fast, accurate, quiet & has no hand shock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
look at the bear instinct. Parallel limbs, 31" ATA, single cam, $399. Shoot it and you won't believe how smooth it is. Only bad points are the gawdy green anodize. Maybe you'll like it. Sounds like the bengal is similar but I think it looks a bit gawdy to. Just MO.
i second that, i love my instinct. great shooter

1 - 20 of 34 Posts