Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dozen of Easton 2712 for indoor and I am trying various vanes and feathers to get the best combination. Anyone any any suggestions? Currently trying 4" feathers.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
4 inch AAE hybrid

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have Tank 27's set up with 3- 4" Ozark feathers and 3- 4" AAE Hybrid vanes with 210 grain points. Both with offset. Feathers are 20 grains lighter. Both group the same, feathers impact slightly higher. Scores are the same- upper 50 x's on 300 round. When I shot 2712's it was 3-4" AAE vanes with 250 grain points. Can't go wrong with feathers and a helical, as long as they clear the rest.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Tank 27's set up with 3- 4" Ozark feathers and 3- 4" AAE Hybrid vanes with 210 grain points. Both with offset. Feathers are 20 grains lighter. Both group the same, feathers impact slightly higher. Scores are the same- upper 50 x's on 300 round. When I shot 2712's it was 3-4" AAE vanes with 250 grain points. Can't go wrong with feathers and a helical, as long as they clear the rest.
Thanks for the input. You prefer Ozark feathers? Which ones specifically?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks for the input. You prefer Ozark feathers? Which ones specifically?
4" Parabolic. I put some 3 1/2" TargetMax on some XBusters and they seemed ok. I like the look of the parabolic better. I found the Ozark feathers to be better quality, bases more uniform, threw away less feathers in a bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts