Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to start stocking a new plastic vane in our shop, so how about a little help. Thanks.

What , in everyone's opinion, is the best 4" vane out there ?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Like Brad said Flex Fletch is #1 been using them for 15 years. Tried just about everything else too, nothing compares to there toughness and reliablity. Also they don't whistle in flight like some of the other softer vanes. The only other vane I wish was still around would be Gyro vanes they were as tough and shot extremely well. They were a glue on vane like a Flex Fletch but they were shaped like a Spin Wing. I beleive the fellow that owned them died and they have since never been made again. Lancaster used to sell them. I wish someone would start making them again. hint hint.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Another vote for flex fletch. They can not be beat. Prep time takes a bit longer and price is a bit more expensive, but hey you get what you pay for. I have tried about every brand out there and flex fletch is tops.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I like the 4" Duravanes. They make a very nice fletching job without a lot of prep time involved and are very durable, and long lasting. Just my two cents. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for your help,
George

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Bohning makes a vane that is evey bit as tough as Flex Fletch but can be applied with super glue. Flex Fletch requires a slow set glue. The beauty of the Bohning is that it can be stretched to almost twice it's length and it will return to it's original size and shape with no wrinkles. Also, the price beats Flex Fletch hands down!

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Best Vane

Flex Fletch is the best there is. Been using them for four years and nothing else is close. If Flex Fletch were not available, my second choice would be 3-D Duravanes.
Jbird

·
Registered
155 Posts
new vane?

Folks,

has anybody geiven the new long/low profile Flex Fletch vanes a try already - O think they are called FFP 400 LP or something.......

How do they fly? I'm thinking of using these for my indoor-arrows. Might be great when shooting a split-cable system :)

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Legolas

I have some sitting on my work bench that I am going to fletch up when indoor season starts to shoot thru my Fury X.
Jbird

·
Registered
155 Posts
JBird,

I just ordered some via my pro-shop, and I can't wait to see how they work. I can imagine them working great with a shoot-through.......

can you please let me know your impressions once you tried them out?

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
There is only one vane worth shooting. FLEX FLETCH!!!!!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts