Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just seeing what everyone recommends for advertising shoots effectively to reach a large amount of shooters. Our sportsmen's club has traditional shoots so i wanted to see what you guys recommend? Are there other forums you recommend I post the shoots to besides ArcheryTalk? I'm not a big traditional shooter, so not sure myself on what is out there..

·
Registered
533 Posts
Facebook and an email distribution list work for us. Forums and online message boards don’t seem to do much, at least in our area and with our local shooters.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Bowsite- Leatherwall would be one.
Hunting Pa- possibly.
Instagram?
Locally we spread the word amongst each other. As it’s normally the same group of guys.
Might take a little time but if Your course is set up well for trad archers that helps as well.
Lots of times Central PA guys travel as much as 1.5 to 2 hours to shoot with each other.

Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Hey everyone,
Just seeing what everyone recommends for advertising shoots effectively to reach a large amount of shooters. Our sportsmen's club has traditional shoots so i wanted to see what you guys recommend? Are there other forums you recommend I post the shoots to besides ArcheryTalk? I'm not a big traditional shooter, so not sure myself on what is out there..
If you are on Facebook, check out my page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1158742094257181/

What started off as just a place for me and my Archery buddies in Eastern/Central Pa to post up events so we could plan our seasons.... we now have 750+ members from all over the world that post looking for events and/or advertise their events.

There isn't much discussion and haven't had "drama" in more than a year!!!!!

Rules/Pinned post:
I can't be the only one who is constantly trying to keep up with all the shoots going on. I ended up missing a few of the better shoots last year because I didn't find out about them until it was too late to adjust my schedule to attend.

The intent of this page is to compile a list of Archery Shoots and give feedback on the shoots we attend.

If you know of a shoot or are hosting a shoot up PLEASE feel free to share it here. (kind of the purpose of the group)

If you are seeing fewer people at your shoots and want to know why, you can invite other archers (from outside your club) to come in to shoot and offer feedback.

Be sure to list the type of shoot (3D, FITA, NFAA, League etc...), time/date, location (include city and state) and especially rules specific to your event ie:

"ASA rules apply but the "14" ring is out of play" or "FITA Target but X ring counts as 11".

I've never managed a group like this before so the rules will be simple....

1) Give appropriate feedback but be respectful.

2) No bashing of any kind. Especially brand bashing.

3) I'm an avid hunter as I'm certain most of the members will be. This is not the place to post pictures of your kills. As much as I like to see pictures of and read about successful hunts, there is always one person who will have a negative comment and start a pissing contest. I don't have time or patience for that kind of drama.

4) Rules will be added or removed as the group grows.

New rule (not even 2 hours in)

5) Don't forget to put your shoot in the Events tab. Otherwise there may be days/weeks of posts to search through to find a shoot.

**New Rule**

6) If you Request to be a member, you should have at least 1 public picture on your FB profile that is archery related.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone! This is helpful. Our Club is Coshocton County Sportsmen's Association. Please follow us on Facebook as we host many shoots per year including the TAS Great Lakes Regional this past weekend, and we post our schedules on there. Would love to see you guys come out if you haven't already!

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
Your state association?

In Ontario, the Ontario Archery Association keeps a directory of all shoots on its website, and also prints it in a magazine format and mails it to all members early each year.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Different place but when I do ours, we have a couple of contacts which I do not know have far they reach, they would be Archery guy and Archery shoot list, then theres our provincial body, if you're a member they put it on their list.
Facebook and our own page, then theres a provincial and national 3D archery pages, and some local/relevant forums. We also usually have a slot in the local calendar so many know when it will be.
I will also take posters to other clubs and email posters to the ones I can't get to and get some decent word-of-mouth going on. A few individuals and stores also do their own calendars/lists which they often publish online too

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,250 Posts
I'm with Stash. The best place is through your state association if you have a strong one. In California that is the CBH/SAA, the California NFAA affiliate. We also have organizations for World Archery, National State Games, National Senior Games.

CBH/SAA has a website and newsletter that advertises all tournaments. I have also used Arizona's site for a tournament I shoot out there.

Most club tournaments are going to bring in most folks locally. Name tournaments can often draw sizable travel crowds. You have to get the locals though, before you can expect to be big enough to attract the travel crowds.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Since you're in Ohio check out OutdoorOhio facebook page and website... facebook page has regular update for ohio shoots, PM the details and I'm sure they would include it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts