Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a specific forum so I thought I would ask where everyone is selling thier bows. Who are ya'll using to ship your bows, what is the average cost and where are you locating boxes big enough to put your bow in?

I just sold my Hoyt to a guy back home and need to get it all packaged up and sent off...

Any comments would greatly help!
Ryan

·
Registered
787 Posts
We send all of ours priority with insurance through USPS. You should be able to go to any shop and get a box for free. Usually takes about 2 data to get some where.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It comes down to how soon it needs to get there.Ups ground takes 7 days,about the same with USPS,priority 2-3 days.I dislike ups,never used FedEx,I live in Montana if I ship within the zone priority is a couple of dollars less,but if I ship to the east cost ,its about 15.00 more.I let buyers know what options they have.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Thanks guys, got a Bowtech box with the nice little foam pads inside!
bowtech boxes are expensive to ship any method, last I check they are little over 40" long, i would try to find another box just a thought

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
I ship mine via fedex as at least around here they are cheaper on larger box items like a bow than USPS. I think the last time I shipped at regular cost (about a year ago) it was 18 dollars from Michigan to out west somewhere...forget exactly. I work for them so i am not sure if the rates have gone up but one year ago they were 8-10 dollars cheaper than usps.
Don't listen to this; someone else told me on here it was only like $12 at fed x ; so I go there and its $34 ; no way; go to ups; somewhere close to $30; usps is by far the cheapest;believe it was$14. ; this was last summer; so don't believe all u read on here for sure; unless u want to waist a bunch of $ and time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
USPS no questions asked!!!!!! No more than $20.00 to ship! If you do it through the internet it is a little cheaper also.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
USPS Insured, Delivery Confirmation W/ Signature Confirmation. That way if it is rural postal delivery, they cant just leave it "outside", like Fedex/UPS. Most of the stuff I get fromUPS looks like it was drug behind the truck the last 100 miles.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
USPS Insured, Delivery Confirmation W/ Signature Confirmation. That way if it is rural postal delivery, they cant just leave it "outside", like Fedex/UPS. Most of the stuff I get fromUPS looks like it was drug behind the truck the last 100 miles.
delivery confirmation with signaturure confirmature?? that makes no sense. just use signature confirmation, its the same thing but you have to sign obviously otherwise you just wasted .75 for delivery when you already paid for it when you you bought signature conf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts