Archery Talk Forum banner

best way to tell when limbs are maxed

811 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  rkc
bought my bow from one of the members here so im not compleatly sure if the limbs have been adjusted evenly...is there a way to tell if they are maxed out so i can go from there back on my Bowtech 101st Airborne? there is some rubber stopper looking bushings between the limbs and the pocket so i cant really tell....anyone have any ideas?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Turn both of the bolts until they do not turn anymore..... ;)
I think that's what I would do too! :thumbs_up ;)

Lien2
I DON"T think so - there was a thread on the front page last Fri. talking about this same thing. The owner had cracked 3 sets of limbs. Not all bows are meant to have the limb pockets tightened down to the riser. I know the PSE Mojo requirement is that a space the width of the allen wrench used to tighten limbs be left between the pocket and the riser.

"Max" is NOT always "bottomed out"!

· Registered
4,587 Posts
bought my bow from one of the members here so im not compleatly sure if the limbs have been adjusted evenly...is there a way to tell if they are maxed out so i can go from there back on my Bowtech 101st Airborne? there is some rubber stopper looking bushings between the limbs and the pocket so i cant really tell....anyone have any ideas?
I DON"T think so - there was a thread on the front page last Fri. talking about this same thing. The owner had cracked 3 sets of limbs. Not all bows are meant to have the limb pockets tightened down to the riser. I know the PSE Mojo requirement is that a space the width of the allen wrench used to tighten limbs be left between the pocket and the riser.

"Max" is NOT always "bottomed out"!
It's a Bowtech, no matter what you do the limbs are gonna BLOWUP!!!!

I'm just kidding. I would try bowtech.com and see if they have any info on it, or worst case scenario, call them. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out.

I hope you enjoy your new-to-you bow.!!:thumbs_up::wink:

· Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,155 Posts
on the 101'st Airborne max them out until you cant tighten them anymore and then back out from there.

Regarding the Mojo, if you have to guess and space it with an allen wrench and have a space and that is maxed out, then I think that is a horrible design!:thumbs_do

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
on the 101'st Airborne max them out until you cant tighten them anymore and then back out from there.

Regarding the Mojo, if you have to guess and space it with an allen wrench and have a space and that is maxed out, then I think that is a horrible design!:thumbs_do
Here's the thread I was referring to. This thread is talking about the 82nd, but I'd have to believe it would apply here as well.

See post #25 in particular.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=867019&highlight=3+sets+of+limbs

· Registered
445 Posts
On both Bowtechs I've had my dealer said to max out the limbs to bottom out the bolts. Not white knuckle tight just snug is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.