Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a used UltraElite with XT2000 limbs. What is the consensus on best year? What has changed besides the cams? Did the riser get longer in recent years for more parallel limbs?

Looks like a good bow but not sure if the 36 ATA is long enough. Was also looking a the Contender, 06 UltraTec or 737.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You can always find one with xt3000 limbs that will get you in the 39 inch range. If you want some speed for outdoors then maybe stick to the 2000's, but for indoor you cant go wrong with xt3000 limbs. In my opinion the Contender is pretty much the same bow with newer style limb pockets.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I think about the only difference in the risers is the little points on the back. This picture of my 2007 shows the points, makes a little nicer looking bow but I don't think they have any functional purpose. Cams changed, the adjustable cam/2 was every year, spirals early being replaced by C2s with the last year offering spirals again. I have always had C2 cams, but I think the big favorite are spirals. Both C2 and spirals are draw length specific. I have only had the XT3000 limbs, I like a longer bow. I think the 2007-2008 years had the nicest target colors if you are going that way. Riptide blue, Jade (in picture), and the marbled red color were my favorite Hoyt finishes.

Attachments

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
My UE with XT2000 and spirals is showing up tomorrow. I have a pro elite right now and it's the best bow I have ever shot.

The Ultra elite should be just as pleasing. Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
I agree with the above poster.......the C2 can is almost forgotten, but still awesome! I love those came and plan on putting a set on a contender elite soon. I had several years of UEs and they all shot well. I like the 2000 limbs a lot better....just my $0.02

Look for spirals or C2 came in your draw and you won't be disappointed!

Matt

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard the spirals are a bear to tune.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Set buss cable for ATA

Tweak control cable for cam timing
(get it close top timed a tiny bit faster than bottom)

Creep tune to fine tune the cam timing and take out up down misses

Modified french tune to take out left right misses associated with rest.

Tweak string for cam rotation and draw length.

Step back to 60+ to dial in the sight for windage.

That is what I did on my Pro Elite and hopefully I can do it a lot faster on the ultra elite!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have also heard this from a few pro hoyt shooters, but some make it work

As far as the Ultra Elite riser, there have only been 2 versions. The first one had a slightly bigger grip with the 1/2 sideplates, but for the most part it's the same bow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts