Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pics were just emailed to me from a guy we hunt with in northern MN. Not sure if they came off his trail cam but still interesting. I've seen seen arrows hanging out of legs and stomach's but never the head. Wish i could have seen this in person.

Close.jpg

Close2.jpg

Close3.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks like a cross bow bolt!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
WOW!!!

Some peoples kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since crossbows are now legal during firearm and muzzleloader season in MN I hope we don't see more of this!!!

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Looks like bait. Not legal in MN.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Absolutely pathetic! I guess I don't know the whole story behind it but I would figure someone took a shot at a deer that was facing them. Just another fool that should not be in the woods. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so.

·
Registered
947 Posts
A buddy of mine shot a deer with an arrow in it's head a few years ago. It was a small 8 point and he wasn't going to shoot it until he saw the arrow sticking out.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It's like a two for one deal, get this deer, and we'll throw in a free bolt :wink:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow, you guys really need to get off the anti-crossbow train. Have you guys ever thought of joining PETA?

So what if it was a crossbow that was used, fact is that it was a bad decision to take the presented shot and I've seen plenty of so called archers make just as bad decisions right here on this forum.

The guy probably figured that since he can only use his crossbow during gun season then the projectile must have the characteristics of a bullet fired from a rifle. Plenty of hunters take a head shot to fill their tag, so he might have assumed that crossbows will have them same effect.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't think this photo is even close to being real? Look at the arrow in the top and bottom photo...the peices sticking out don't match up at all! Lame excuse for a PhotoShop photo IMO.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Maybe the person shot a buck high from the ground and had a complete pass thru and hit the doe that was near it. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't think this photo is even close to being real? Look at the arrow in the top and bottom photo...the peices sticking out don't match up at all! Lame excuse for a PhotoShop photo IMO.
I'm actually surprised it's still standing, there is a decent sized b/h on the front of that thing, maybe deer have a smaller brain than I thought :confused:

·
Registered
729 Posts
After looking closer, I think I agree. The 2nd pic has the bolt lower in the skull. This angle would have hit the brain and killed it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't know if the pictures are real or not but I laid a straight edge along the arrow after I had expanded the photos and the arrow lines up perfectly.

Deer are amazingly adaptable and resilient. This one shows no sign of infection and indiscernable swelling. If the pictures are real, I wonder how long she's been wearing that arrow as a headpiece. Any buck trying to mount her would be well served to watch out for that broadhead.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts