Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a better feeling grip for my Tribute?
I love my bow but, the grip sucks!!! I kinda like the feel of the Mathews grip on the XT. Do they make a formed fit grip for Bowtech?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
gripwerks

Check out http://www.gripwerks.com/

I just got a new tiger maple grip from Mike at gripwerks for my 05 Allegiance. it is soooooooooo nice! Great service too.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bab Lambeth 2 Piece Grips are awesome for bowtechs!

Bab Lambeth 2 Piece Grips are awesome for bowtechs! Just got mine this week and it is perfect...and great looking. I will try to post pics later this week.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Will K said:
Check out http://www.gripwerks.com/

I just got a new tiger maple grip from Mike at gripwerks for my 05 Allegiance. it is soooooooooo nice! Great service too.
I agree, Mike makes a grip the way its supposed to be made. Can't go wrong with any of the grips he makes.

·
Registered
771 Posts
brino said:
Where can I get a better feeling grip for my Tribute?
I love my bow but, the grip sucks!!! I kinda like the feel of the Mathews grip on the XT. Do they make a formed fit grip for Bowtech?
I don't know of any grip makers that make a grip "like a mathews" most grip manufacturers make the grips similiar to the bowtech grip because it reduces torque. My grip is from "Crackers" but its not like the mathews, but im sure someone makes a big grip like theres.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I'd make you one if I had time,, I'm really stretching myself to type and post this!!!!!!!! Heere's one I made for my neighbor.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
elite grip

GOT MY NEW GRIP FROM GRIP WORKS TODAY FOR MY ELITE MIKE IS SECOND TO NONE GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH ORDER SHIPPED JUST AS HE PROMISED.
WILL FO MORE BUISNESS IN THE NEAR FUTURE YOU CAN BET ON THAT.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
mike01585 said:

I recently put a Lacewood grip from Mike on my Tribute, and it is a fantastic grip. I don't think you can get a better one, and I am sure you can't get one at that price. I like a thin grip with a flat back, because it makes it much more difficult to torque the bow, and that is what the Gripwerks grips offer. They also look awesome (the lacewood one I have looks great). Besides that, Mike is great to deal with and a good guy.

"Formed" grips may feel better when you first pick one up, but good luck shooting one as well as you would a grip that reduces torque. People do it, and Matthews apparently puts them on because they feel good when you pick up the bow, but I would have to change a Matthews grip before an arrow ever left it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts