Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for hunting purposes which rest do you prefer and why? I can't decide, like them both. The full containment of the QAD, and the easy set up of the Limbdriver..?? Need more input from the rest of you..

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
LD all the way. Qad is awesome but it failed on me while I was shooting in my backyard ( I dont need that in the woods). QAD took care of it and it worked after that but I decided to get the LD on my new bow and I love it!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I shoot the QAD i have had one fail but was told they fixed the issue and i shoot about 200 arrows a night.The rest was 1yr old so prolly had 70000 arrows through it.QAD replaced it no ? asked the limb driver is an awesome rest but do not think i would like it for hunting.

·
Registered
492 Posts
im tired of hearing about limb drivers... personally they dont really appeal to me in any way... what is the difference if it is tied to the limb or the cable?? not much!! LD just takes a ridiculously long piece of string lol

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
im tired of hearing about limb drivers... personally they dont really appeal to me in any way... what is the difference if it is tied to the limb or the cable?? not much!! LD just takes a ridiculously long piece of string lol[/QUOT

have u tried one, or just hating?

·
Registered
592 Posts
im tired of hearing about limb drivers... personally they dont really appeal to me in any way... what is the difference if it is tied to the limb or the cable?? not much!! LD just takes a ridiculously long piece of string lol
nothing much exept .00003221435 of a second faster fall away rate than cable powered rests which means better clearance

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Plus, I get my bows tuned by someone, with the LD I cant mess up the tune at all. For some that is not important, but for me it is.

The cord does not get in the way like you would think either.

LD is super silent also

·
Registered
801 Posts
I just bought a limb driver a few days ago, it fealt like I was cheating that thing set-up and tuned within a couple of shots. I have tryed trophy takers and a trophy ridge, which in order to get the full tune out of my hybrid cams, It took a balance between tweaking the bow to the rest and the rest to the bow. After all this hassle the cord would slip or stretch:mad:.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
The actual difference is the amount of support the arrow receives between the two. The Limbdriver supports the arrow for about 2/3 of the arrow length compared to 1/3 the arrow length that most drop aways do (that connect to the bows cable), I didn't believe this until I saw it with my own eyes by putting my bows on a hooter shooter and cranking them out to full draw, big difference between the two.

I have used the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and the QAD LD before, but am now switching to Limbdrivers after seeing this.

·
Registered
492 Posts
geez... sounds like everyone really likes their LD's... cant argue with satisfied customers i guess...

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
I've shot both. Limb Driver was excellent and very accurate, easy setup. But, strictly for hunting I would go with the QAD all day long for the ease of the "cock it" and there's no way for your arrow to fall off in the treestand or stalking. QAD is very easy to setup also. Get the limb driver if you want a great rest. Get the QAD if you want a great "hunting" rest.

·
King of the lefties®
2,718 Posts
For hunting I love my QAD, flip it up and you set, full containment. Great for stalking. I've had mine for about 3 years and never had it fail. When my GTO gets here it will have a new QAD HD on it.

Can't say anything about the LD I've never tried one. But if somebody wants to send me one I'll be more than happy to try it out.:wink:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The actual difference is the amount of support the arrow receives between the two. The Limbdriver supports the arrow for about 2/3 of the arrow length compared to 1/3 the arrow length that most drop aways do (that connect to the bows cable), I didn't believe this until I saw it with my own eyes by putting my bows on a hooter shooter and cranking them out to full draw, big difference between the two.

I have used the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and the QAD LD before, but am now switching to Limbdrivers after seeing this.
I have always thought one of the perk's of fallaway's was the least amount of human input... less error?

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
I wavering between these so...keep the comments coming.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've shot both. Limb Driver was excellent and very accurate, easy setup. But, strictly for hunting I would go with the QAD all day long for the ease of the "cock it" and there's no way for your arrow to fall off in the treestand or stalking. QAD is very easy to setup also. Get the limb driver if you want a great rest. Get the QAD if you want a great "hunting" rest.
Exactly what I would say. You'd never convince me the LD is a better rest suited for hunters over anything that has true arrow containment.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I have an arrow holder on my shelf that came with the LD.. I can twirl my bow upside down without the arrow falling.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I got a LD with my X-force that I got on here on the classifieds. I had never owned one before this. But I really like how the limbs pull it out of the way of the fletching.

My friend just got a QAD HD and we set it up on his Guardian that he bought on the classifieds on here. I really like it as it was easy to set up and adjust. I also really liked how it was full containment, as I could see how that would be a real benefit when hunting.

Conclusion: I like both rests about equally well. But the QAD probably gets the nod for hunting due to the containment.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Both are great rests.

I have set up, tuned and shot both.

I prefer the QAD hands down- especially for hunting.

The main two points I hear people making about the limbdriver are: it supports the arrow longer, and it has to drop away because it is forced down.

I have used QAD rests for both tournaments and hunting for over 3 years and have not had a single problem. Most problems I have seen from others are from improper tuning and timing of the rest.

I have never had a QAD not drop, and I have never said to myself "Boy I wish that rest stayed up longer".

My field points and broadheads shoot better than I do. I personally do not believe that longer support is going to make a difference with a properly tuned bow.

So.. for me, I choose QAD for its advantages it has:

Quiet.

Reliable.

Full containment- EVEN ON LETDOWN.

There is not another rest on the market that can touch it IMO.

Again, they're both great rests. I just find far more I like about the QAD.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Never had a QAD But Ive shot a Limbdriver Pro for nearly a Year and LOVE it.:wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts