Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see, I made a bow and strung it tightly. It has a brace height somewhat higher than that of a longbow. I have the choice to string it tighter by bending it more and looping the string around more, which would make the string shorter, making the brace height higher. That would cause the bow's limbs to bend more initially, which would increase the arrow's force, but it would also lower the draw length, decreasing the arrow's force. Is this just a matter of preference...?

(Note that this question is for future reference...that bow broke when I overstrung it.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
broken bow

You see, I made a bow and strung it tightly. It has a brace height somewhat higher than that of a longbow. I have the choice to string it tighter by bending it more and looping the string around more, which would make the string shorter, making the brace height higher. That would cause the bow's limbs to bend more initially, which would increase the arrow's force, but it would also lower the draw length, decreasing the arrow's force. Is this just a matter of preference...?

(Note that this question is for future reference...that bow broke when I overstrung it.)

Thanks in advance.
strings are twisted to create the ideal brace height for tuning, Most traditional bow tune at around 7 - 8 inches:sad::sad::sad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts