Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this thread in the Feedback section but I thought I should also place it in the classifieds:

I have been buying and selling here on AT for about three years now and this is the first time that I have had a problem with anyone. I agreed to buy a Hoyt ProElite from 3dshooter1 (Chris Chance) back in January and immediately sent him the payment via PayPal. That's when the excuses began. First he said he was having problems getting into his PayPal account to access my payment. After I requested that PayPal cancel the transaction and return my money I was told that only a small amount (20%) of what I paid was available in the account to recover. It is obvious that Chris had already cleared my money out. Then he tells me he didn't take the money and he would deal with the PayPal issue separately. In the mean time he would send me the bow that I had paid for almost two months before. You guessed it.....the bow never showed up and now he is claiming it was lost by the Post Office during shipping. Of course the Post Office has no record of him actually shipping the bow!!! So now I will file Federal mail fraud charges against Mr. Chance and contact the Louisville, KY District Attorneys Office about this issue.

I have included his address and phone # in case you have had similar problems and would like to encourage Chris to be a man of his word and do the right thing. One way or the other he will pay for his actions. Thank you for your time and please keep this thread at the top!

Glenn Cadman

:mad:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Any chance you can contact PayPal about this? Did you pay through your credit card? If you did, you can contact your credit card company. I have run into several problems (not on AT) and just call the cc company, they have gotten every single thing resolved very thoroughly and rapidly. Good luck an if nothing else this is a BUMP.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
That sucks, I feel your pain. I got boned on a rifle some yrs. back, same cock& bull story...total loss :mad: Still pisses me off :angry: Hope your outcome is better then mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cristian Chance the Theif

I wish I would have seen this sooner because He got to me through ebay for 870.00 and a friend if mine for another 800.00. The guy is a liar and a thief and has not heard the end of it yet. He also ripped another person off on an STS.It's a shame that people like this are allowed to get away with this crap but I do beleive he will what is coming to him one way or another. I am done with the whole ebay paypal thing and their lies of safe transactions because it is all a bunch of bull.They promise that your transactions are safe,rule in your favor and then say there is nothing they can do to recover your funds.He will get what he deserves one way or another.I doubt that I will ever use paypal or ebay again for any more money than I am willing to toss out the window. Lance Elledge-Hagerman Boy-214-460-1031. 90lance on ebay!

·
74,535 Posts
Anyone here have any information on this guy

Please help these members out. This guy needs to be stopped immediatly.

Normally I wouldnt allow posting in general forum but feel this guy shuld be stopped before he ripps someone else off.:mad:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
somebody clost to this guy needs to knock on his door...if he was here in Iowa I sure as hell would do it for you guys...total bs...people like him are nothing but scum to me....nothing worse then stealing someone elses hard earned money...sorry to yall who this bum has ripped off...hopefully he has a little something coming his way

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3Dshooter1

To Doc:

I didn't use a credit card for the purchase because I had a balance in my PayPal account. PayPal is set up to access either the account owners credit card or checking account. There was only about 20% of what I paid available when they tried to refund my money. They claim that they are not responsible for an item actually being shipped, they only transfer the funds (for a hefty %) between buyer and seller!

glenn

·
74,535 Posts
Lets see

Archers just spent thousands of dollars in this town.

I dont think the local sheriffs office is going to appreciate one of thee own stealing from archers that have given so much to the city of Lousiville.

I would be making some phone calls to the local authorities.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
Archers just spent thousands of dollars in this town.

I dont think the local sheriffs office is going to appreciate one of thee own stealing from archers that have given so much to the city of Lousiville.

I would be making some phone calls to the local authorities.
It is too bad this wasn't posted BEFORE the Louisville shoot, that house looks like it would have made a nice practice bale:wink: Could you imagine all the guys that would have knocked on his door that weekend? Heck he would have ended up an AT sponsor.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
It's not too late. And this is actually felony amount. Maybe even Federal since the trading was to occur across state lines........

See where this is going Chris?:wink:

Forget the flavor of the jelly. I hope you don't run out too quick........:tongue:

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
I have sent an email for Chris to contact me immediatly and explained what the "next step" will be.

I also have limited his access to only this section and edited his signature to inform everyone he is a Blacklisted seller.

Hope to hear from him soon.

OX

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bump

from a newbie's perspective:
everyone please USE and check the feedback forum for transactions.
there's got to be a safer way to do this. there's some good ideas there.
what ever happened to honour? and when honour failed, c.o.d.? :wink:
anyway, i came here looking to buy a nice used bow. now i'm off to pay way too much of my hard earned cash for a bow i don't really want, and lose a really good (and fair) price on a bow i did want. all because of jerks like this. i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal. well, it's just a thought.:wink:
i guess i'll go waste my cash now :mad:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
outside said:
from a newbie's perspective:
everyone please USE and check the feedback forum for transactions.
there's got to be a safer way to do this. there's some good ideas there.
what ever happened to honour? and when honour failed, c.o.d.? :wink:
anyway, i came here looking to buy a nice used bow. now i'm off to pay way too much of my hard earned cash for a bow i don't really want, and lose a really good (and fair) price on a bow i did want. all because of jerks like this. i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal. well, it's just a thought.:wink:
i guess i'll go waste my cash now :mad:
Easy does it, AT is full of people that are as honest as they come. 99% of the people are good hard working honest people that I have dealt with on many occassions. Don't let 1 bad deal spoil it for you. Just be sure to check the feedback, exchange telephone numbers (if in doubt call) and as you mentioned COD if in doubt.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
outside said:
i'd like for all of us to get a law passed that says the offender (yes, you chris) must hold a target for all of us with our GOOD word we will shoot as straight as the LIEING THIEF did on the deal.
Shoot straight, but aim low.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not to be a killjoy...

I'm as much for nailing this guy as anyone else, but you all should be careful in exacting your revenge. Just as he lied & deceived with his "sales," he could very well be lying about his address, name, etc. I absolutely loathe theives, as while on my honeymoon, not only was my wife's purse stolen (and all of the joys that go along with that, esp. flying after 9/11 without ID) but while in the airport, I used an ATM and had the PIN for my debit card stolen & someone in Spain making withdrawals...

Just ensure that we don't become the instrument by which a person whose identity he stole becomes victimized again...

Tim

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DiamondTim

Good point! As far as his name and address go they could be false as they were given to me by a "Chris Chance". That name and email address also showed up on my PayPal receipt. The cell phone # (502) 649-5255 I beleive is accurate because I have spoken to him on it before. I did a search on the internet and came up with another address:

Chris Chance
10901 Southgate Manor Dr.
Louisville, KY 40229-1656

It has the same zip code as the one he gave me so they should be close. Hopefully the authorities can find him and make him pay for his actions!

glenn

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.