Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All summer I was shooting Easton 2114 xx78 27” long at 56 to 58lbs I use a release with a trophy taker shaky hunter rest my draw is 29” the bow is a Hoyt ultra tech the arrows flew and grouped great. I had a bunch of 2117 xx 78 and xx75 28” long so I figured I use them for deer with the extra weight would aid in added K.E. well they fish tailed all over and grouped all over the place. I put the expandable broad head on the 2114 and they grouped perfectly. Are the 2117 over spined for this set up? Any help is appreciated thanks mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
bowhunter2117 said:
All summer I was shooting Easton 2114 xx78 27” long at 56 to 58lbs I use a release with a trophy taker shaky hunter rest my draw is 29” the bow is a Hoyt ultra tech the arrows flew and grouped great. I had a bunch of 2117 xx 78 and xx75 28” long so I figured I use them for deer with the extra weight would aid in added K.E. well they fish tailed all over and grouped all over the place. I put the expandable broad head on the 2114 and they grouped perfectly. Are the 2117 over spined for this set up? Any help is appreciated thanks mike
Do your 2114s shoot broadheads well? If so, return to those for hunting. If not, look at the thread "Tuning Nightmare" to see the things I had to do to get my ultra tec to shoot straight - it's set up pretty much the same as yours, except my draw length is longer and I'm shooting 70 lbs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2114 are shooting broad heads perfectly. The reason I asked is eastons selection chart shows that 2117 should work fine for my set up. I had a problem with the bow being out of time and after figuring it out I marked the cam everything to me seems to be in time. The 2114 shoot great the 2117 do not with expandable broad heads 125 grains and 100 grains I have tried both weights on the 2117 with no improvement

1 - 3 of 3 Posts