Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Thunderheads tuned before the season started then went out last night to get some practice in. I first shot at 50 and 40 yards and I kept hitting about 6" left then at 20 I'd nail it:confused:
Might just be I can't shoot, but could it a tuning deal?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Make a slight adjustment to your rest...to the right.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yep I agree with doc--adjust that sight to the right, now when you do it, make sure you have it marked where it was, but barely, I mean barely move it! I am having to do that to, but mine is only like 1.5 inches.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Huntin'Honey24 said:
yep I agree with doc--adjust that sight to the right, now when you do it, make sure you have it marked where it was, but barely, I mean barely move it! I am having to do that to, but mine is only like 1.5 inches.
You meant the rest, correct?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But then won't I be off at 20? I'm dead on at 20...:confused:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
AJ008 said:
But then won't I be off at 20? I'm dead on at 20...:confused:
yes you'll have to move your site pins over once you've fixed the proble,. I would make sure that you're BH's are hitting the same left/right from 20 as it does at 60yards before moving the site pins. Basically you're rest and string are off so you're arrows are starting out pointing left of the string.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dude, shoot your bow again before you start moving things around. sounds like you, not the set up. check your grip....otherwise you'll move your rest, and in a week you'll be making a slight adjustment....to the LEFT!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TN Blue said:
dude, shoot your bow again before you start moving things around. sounds like you, not the set up. check your grip....otherwise you'll move your rest, and in a week you'll be making a slight adjustment....to the LEFT!
Thats what I figured...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts