Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was shooting pretty good with FP. When I tried to tune the BH's I had to adjust so far right that the fletching is hitting the riser.

I'm shooting a Maxxis 35 @ 68 Lbs. 28.5 DL and 29 inch Pile Driver 350's with 100 grain BH's

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
set it back to center and yoke tune bare shaft through paper
next shoot bare shafts and feildpoints how do they group should be real close at 30 yds
now shoot broad heads and feild points if they group together your'e done if not move chase the feildpoints with the rest very small movements will show big movements when they group together adjust the sight

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
CX shafts are reasonably close for dynamic qualities, and I've used several flavors over the years, and still do.

Your combination should be pretty much on the money, and not massively overspined. I use Mutiny 350's at 29"/60lbs from my Alphaburner, but I needed 125gr heads to get them to tune well. I'd have though the extra PW would be fine with 100's though.

Are you sure you don't have a clearance issue.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'd be willing to bet he does thats why I recommended setting it square and tuning the harness instead of cheating the rest

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Normally doesn't matter which rest. The WB is a good choice, and tuning is usually simple. As stated above, reset the center shot and try the bareshafts. I personally don't mess with the paper, but "tinker" at the range till I get FT, Bareshaft, and BH hitting very close @ 20 yards. I have learned over the years of tuning that you may not ALWAYS get the three to split each other, but very close is very good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts