Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who competed with them last year? Do you think they actually improved bhfs scores? Do you think the NFAA will ever reword their rules to address the grey area of string stoppers and stabilizers?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Who competed with them last year? Do you think they actually improved bhfs scores? Do you think the NFAA will ever reword their rules to address the grey area of string stoppers and stabilizers?
If they would have worded the rule different V bar stablizers would have never been in.

For example:

A back bar can be used provided it comes in contact with the string at some point in time during and after the shot.

and futher more you could specify just how much the back bar could weight. For example the back bar cannot weight more than 4 oz.. or what ever...

V-bar back stablizers don't come in contact with the string so they wouldn't be allowed. Some Bow Hunter Free style NFAA type could make an ajenda and have this new wording voted on, there by addressing the grey area. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
This has been debated so much over the last year... old story. Myself... I don't use a V-bar for BHFS so it's not an issue. As far as I'm concerned the shooter still needs to make the shot so I don't think it's as big a deal as some want to make it.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
not to start a debate here since i shoot this i dont feel the side bar or v-bars should be longer than the brace of the bow or restrict it to like 6 to 8"

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
It helps with balancing the bow. Especially side to side!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
If they would have worded the rule different V bar stabilizers would have never been in.

For example:

A back bar can be used provided it comes in contact with the string at some point in time during and after the shot.

and further more you could specify just how much the back bar could weight. For example the back bar cannot weight more than 4 oz.. or what ever...

V-bar back stabilizers don't come in contact with the string so they wouldn't be allowed. Some Bow Hunter Free style NFAA type could make an agenda and have this new wording voted on, there by addressing the Grey area. :)
Opps the way that's worded you could put a cross bar across the v and have it come in contact with the string. Soooo

A single back bar can be used provided it comes in contact with the string at some point in time during and after the shot. It cannot weight more tha 2 oz..

there that otta do it:):):)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has been debated so much over the last year... old story. Myself... I don't use a V-bar for BHFS so it's not an issue. As far as I'm concerned the shooter still needs to make the shot so I don't think it's as big a deal as some want to make it.

I agree 100%, there are some shooters that could clean a target face no matter what they are holding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts