Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local Upstate NY man found this dead buck when walking his property. You can tell it is an old buck. What do you think that would score?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guessing the age based on the antlers is hard because there are really nice 1 year olds with 150 inch racks. There are also 5 year olds with 50 inch racks.

My guess would be around 5 or 6 years old and around 180 inches.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,211 Posts
Mass and trash galore on that head.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Guessing the age based on the antlers is hard because there are really nice 1 year olds with 150 inch racks. There are also 5 year olds with 50 inch racks.

My guess would be around 5 or 6 years old and around 180 inches.
Please show me some one year old 150's... that aren't high fence creations. 1 year old 150's is a rather bold claim lol

·
Rocky Hill
1,370 Posts
I just now noticed... he had like 8 gas cans. 😂
I have 8 gas cans. ranging from 1 gallon on up to 5-gallon cans. when you live in the country and run zero turns, chain saws, weed eaters, log splitters, takes a little more gas than the guy who lives in the city and runs his 22" push mower every week or so, and gas is 6 miles away. so what is so funny about having 8 gas cans?

Rocky

·
The Impartial Archer
18,805 Posts
However old it was it won't see another. I was thinking the same thing about the gas cans......diesel fuel for the tractor, premix for the chain saw & weedeater, regular gas for the riding mower...........and that's just a start........lol

Our closest gas station is 10 miles one way and their prices reflect that........you have to preplan you gas runs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 8 gas cans. ranging from 1 gallon on up to 5-gallon cans. when you live in the country and run zero turns, chain saws, weed eaters, log splitters, takes a little more gas than the guy who lives in the city and runs his 22" push mower every week or so, and gas is 6 miles away. so what is so funny about having 8 gas cans?

Rocky
I have 4 cans, 2 5 gallons for the mowers and tractor. 1 5 gallon for the ATV and a 1 gallon for the weed whipper and saw. I dont see the need for 8 cans

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
No idea on score. I've never scored a set of antlers in my life, though I have a few sets of sheds that would probably be in the 140"-150" range, based on what I've seen on here over the years.

The thing that hits me about that rack is the bases. Holy smokes!!

Regarding gas cans.... I have at least as many as are in the picture. Living on a farm, I have a constant need for gasoline and diesel, and occasionally kerosene. I have probably 8-10 red gas cans (one to five gallons), maybe 3 yellow diesel cans (all five gallons), and a couple blue cans for kerosene (five gallons). Town isn't close, and the last thing I want to do is need "just a couple more gallons", and find myself empty.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm not saying it happens every day, but there are some freak of nature, year old bucks that eat a good diet and grow massive racks.
Yea I'm gonna still say that deer doesn't exist. and to back it up you didn't have any proof other than just assuming there is and stating well "freaks of nature eat good.."

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wonder how many hunters that deer eluded? They say for every deer you see nine you don't. I'm also glad this gentleman holding the dead head doesn't have a pallet of fertilizer in the picture.:unsure::oops:😁

1 - 20 of 73 Posts